Modified/Replacement Hip Flexors for HA Sideswipe

Discussion in 'The Junk Pit' started by savio-prime, Aug 30, 2009.

1. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Hey guys,

I was about to return HA SS because of its inability to maintain dynamic poses due to the rubber connectors on the legs/waist. It bothers me enough that I cannot pose him without those dang rubber connectors pulling the legs back to its "home" position.

THEN I decided (because I do rubber molding/casting for a living) to mold and cast those rubber parts and shoot them with a softer, more flexible yet durable urethane!

Here is what my HA SS is able to do now, and there is no way I'm going to return him anymore! He rocks with his new level of articulation!

I casted the new parts with a black pigment which IMO looks way better than the original gray parts.

I'd be open to making more, and they work REALLY well. I will have to do them during my work shift, and it will depend on how heavy my work load is whether or not I can squeeze them in. Pretty light at the moment.

Installing them is super easy. It only takes the removal of 3 screws: the top of each leg and the slide screw in the torso.

The castings come out EXACTLY like the factory originals, except that I make them in black - much easier than matching the gray.

PM me if you'd like a set. I'm not set up to do more than 5 sets in a given week, and it isn't work related so I have to be real casual about doing it. Ya know? But again, I can do a few here and there, no problem.

Thanks and enjoy!
    Savio.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
  2. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I'll order 1 pair!! =o

3. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    sign me up for a set

4. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    I'd be up for set also!

Any idea on the price?

5. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Wow, thanks for all the responses and interest! The new rubber "hydraulics" vastly improve the figure. My HA SS can now hold poses just like any other transformer (damn near indefinitely - well, so far!).

So far from this thread and my PM's, I've counted 8 requests already. Give me about two weeks (from now thru Sept 12th) to make them and send them to you.

A set can definitely fit in a small envelope. I'll take care of the postage, but I'll need addresses to send it to. I'm happy I can help out.

I've never offered services here before, and considering the steps involved I think a small $10 per set charge is reasonable compensation. In retrospect I should have thought about this first, and I do apologize in advance. Here are the steps:

Process involved:
    1. setting up rubber mold,
    2. mixing up materials (flexible urethane and blk pigment),
    3. shooting mold (3 hour cure time),
    4. demolding parts,
    5. clean up (trimming off flash/sprues),
    6. snail mail out to ya!

Just PM me a mailing address, and I'll forward to you my email address for the paypal.

Regards,
    Savio.

6. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    I've received 12 requests so far, so that will tap me out for the next two weeks as far as time.

You can still send me a request, but I'll only be able to get to it after the second weekend of September. Thanks everyone, and I am very glad I can help improve your figures! I'll pm everyone's requests that I can fulfill before 9/12/09.

Thanks!
    Savio.

7. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi savio prime!

would you mail a set to the philippines?

8. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    If you are willing to cover the cost of postage from the US, sure! I don't mind paying for the postage if it's in the states, but international I'd rather not cover the shipping.

Up to you.

Thanks!
    Savio.

9. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Update on accomplished sets from 8/31 - 9/3:

I have had some extra time on my hands this week, which is good for you guys! Currently I have successfully made 8 sets, and I'm still chugging along. If all goes well, I'll have the 12th set by Monday.

HOWEVER.........

Update on user stats:

I have 7 people who have provided their address AND have paid for a set.

I have 4 people who have provided their address and have NOT paid for a set yet! (One person informed me he is just awaiting confirmation :popcorn  that I have a set ready for him first - which I do! Yay! :thumbs2: )

I have 13 additional people who have put in a request but have not provided an address or payment yet. :poke 

So then! With the progress I have made so far, I'd say I'll definitely finish my first dozen on Monday. I will be sending out 7 sets to those individuals who have done the paypal already, and contact the one who is awaiting his confirmed set is in my possession.

I will have 4 unclaimed sets for Monday, and the next batch will begin process on Tuesday.

If you want a set (or two), please pm me a mailing address for me to send yours to, and I'll provide me email for the Paypal of $10.

Cheerio.
    Savio.

10. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    I will have to regretfully say that once I complete my 24th set, I may have to close this opportunity. This isn't a final decision, but the mold will begin to lose it quality and I won't be able to guarantee good parts.

Even though I have received many requests, I will only fulfill the ones that provide me with the info and the payment.

Thanks and ttyl!
    Savio.

11. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Did you get my pm?

12. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Yes I did, thank you. I added you to my list for the second batch. I sent to a private reply as an acknowledgment.

To all:
    I forgot that Monday is Labor Day, so I won't be able to resume casting parts until Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!
    Savio.

13. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    I have received 8 confirmed Paypals and one unconfirmed so far.

I will be shipping out 8 sets to the confirmed out Tuesday, Sept 8th.

14. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    To those who have sent payment for parts, the package has been sent as of 9/9/09! Look for a small envelope in the mail.

Note:

Fitting the top pegs into the thighs takes a tad bit of finesse for them to pop in, but once they are in the connection is solid! If you decide to trim a bit off the "retainer ring" from the peg, do it sparingly and the best tool is a nail clipper. Not necessary IMO, but as a last resort can trim some off to make the fitting easier if you are having difficulty.

Thank you so much!
    Savio.

15. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can't wait!

16. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Luckily my work has been slow, so I've been able to crank out 2 - 3 sets a day. I'm pretty much done with the first batch and could possibly finish the second batch by next Friday.

I've sent out sets to the last two people whom have provided the Paypal and a Mailing Address.

Three people have provided me with addresses, but no Paypal yet.

I have a total of 13 more people who have requested sets, but have not provided any further information for me.

Houndvoice and Kajobaldisimo... To ship out to Norway and the Philippines costs WAY more (about 5x more) than the price I'm charging.

I will send a PM to the remaining 13 to get an update on their decision.

Thank you!
    Savio.

17. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got mine today...and after quite an ordeal trying to install the new flexors (nothing shocking, savio-prime clearly says and has said that some finagling is involved with the upper connectors), I got everything all nice and neat, and he is super poseable. Almost too poseable.

Sideswipe can bend and reach and get into all sorts of cool dynamic poses now...the only drawback is a small loss in standard poseability. Sideswipe almost requires the more rigid hip flexors to stand straight up. I'm not saying its impossible, but its a little tricky.

The work was awesome, very high quality. Looks wise, I actually think the black ones are better...and they look identical.

Fantastic work Radicon!

I look forward to your next work!

[​IMG]

18. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I take back my previous statement. Savio-prime's work is flawless. Hasbro's work is flawed. I had a bunch of loose screws in the leg area, that, once tightened made Sideswipe easier to hold a pose.

Absolutely incredible. Having an awesome time with Sideswipe now. (Not that I wasn't already!)

19. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Hey Squall42080! Thanks and I was just going to suggest seeing if the thigh screws were loose! I'm glad that it worked out well for you!

Savio.

20. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    I sent out four more sets today.

Transfan1996, I sent yours today but your inbox is full. Let me know when I can send you a pm again.

Thanks!
    Savio.