Minor/Repaint: Modified OS Feral Rex (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Starscorcher, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Starscorcher

Starscorcher Member

So here's my first Radicon, it is still in progress, head position, chest and hips have been modified to give a bit more height, the wings have been spaced out from the body to give a greater range of adjustment.

The lower thighs have pieces attached to give a bit more height, I will add ratcheting joints for the knees once my compression springs arrive.

I wanted to make this slightly taller than the combiner wars devastator, but it is still a little on the short side, I'm thinking I could make the hips a little taller and extend the thighs to compensate.

pred2.jpg

preddev.jpg pred brut.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    No offense but the waist looks jarring-ly out of place. No part of any of those figures is a flat chunk of blocks. It makes the hips and thighs look too skinny, like when people use the full leg extension for combined mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ldl0021

ldl0021 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    At least you made an honest attempt... I'm going to be working on mine soon... I'm using pieces from armada Unicron, and an extra Razorclaw and Dive Bomb.

4. Starscorcher

Starscorcher Member

Thanks for the feedback Ichnach, I can see from looking straight on it does not look great. Looks like I will have to widen the torso & hips & round some edges, I have all the internal dimensions for mounting the modifications so not too hard a job.

ldl0021, I just happened to have an incomplete Armada Unicron arrive last week, I'm thinking you are going to use the thighs from Unicron? You just gave me an idea, I have my legs in pieces at the moment and modelling them in CAD, cheers for the idea!

5. Omega495

Omega495 Mostly Harmless, aspiring Mistake Not

Paint the waist black with gold details, similar to original waist armor.