Modfans Voice Upgrade Kit for MP36 Megatron w/ LED

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wish I could turn the purple led light in and off independently of the sound clip...overall my favourite part of the package is definitely the kremzeeks...the purple colour is good though

2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I take it you have an official Takara MP36?

3. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    After trimming in a few places the back back now fits my Magten.

4. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    A new backplate is on the way which does not requiring any modding to fit non IT versions of MP36.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    These strategies really need to stop.
    Kind of arrogant of a new 3p company to think they can play the CW Blast Off game.
    My backpack fits okay. I'm not buying anything from Modfans again unless I can be certain they got it right the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've an idea on how to use this for my Tyrantronus.

I just need a attachment like the arm cannon that comes with it and epoxy glue. Plan on measuring the cannon block attachment and epoxy it to the bottom of the cannon.

7. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Crap! I just ordered this too...I was gonna do the nail clipper trick when it arrives.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    This kit contains the backplate specifically for all non-IT versions of the MP-36 mold including official Takara MP36. No modification trick needed.
    Mod Fans 002 MP-13 Upgrade

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So anyone have a guide on fixing the sound? The sound is so low quality that it sounds like a tin can.
    Can you fix it by replacing the speaker, or are the sound clips super low quality. Because as it is now, this upgrade set is utter toss. Because right now it's just a KO fusion cannon wirh low sound quality, a backplate that doesn't fit, and two off colour Kremzeeks. In other words, a waste of money.

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Without ding the mod, the backplate won't fit the official Takara's official MP-36. IIRC it only fits the higher quality IT-01 KO MP-36 and possibly the THF andMagten KOs. The Modfans MP-13 Soundwave upgrade kit contains the backplate that fits Takara's MP-36 right out of the box with no mods needed.

11. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And the sound, the most important part?

12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    That I don't know for sure. Maybe there are review videos on youtube that cover that.

13. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

Oooh, now I'm interested.

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yes, this new backplate is part of the Modfans new MP13 Soundwave upgrade kit.

15. Mormolyce

Oh wait - so the kit comes with the Megatron backplate but not the Megatron voice chip?

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    No voice chip.
    Mod Fans 002 MP-13 Upgrade

17. Mormolyce

Hmm, annoying, so to get the full Megatron kit you'd need to get the Soundwave one too.

18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    In order to get the back plate that fits the official Takara MP-36 Megatron (and not the IT-01 KO MP-36) without any modding needed on the back plate, yes.

19. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are Mod Fans and Mo Del the same company? Like the thread for the MP-13 kit says "Mod Fans", but if you go to all the retailers, the company is listed as "MoDel". I guess it gets confusing because Mo Del makes the LED head for MP-36 (model-001), but no voice clips, but their other products (for Soundwave, Grimlock, and Starscream) are LED heads AND voice clips. The LED fusion cannon with voice clips is released under "Mod Fans", but the package design looks more or less the same as Mo Del's.

Plus, the new back plate coming with Mo Del Model-002 seems like a whole mea culpa thing, like, sorry the backplate doesn't fit MP-36, so here it is with another kit. I mean, otherwise it would be random that they're including an MP-36 backplate with their Soundwave kit.

For that matter, are they also the same company as IT? Because everything that comes in the mod fans kit came with the first run of IT-01, the purple cannon with English voice clips, the kremzeeks, and its why the backplate perfectly fits IT-01. Like when I went to order the IT-01, I was about to order this kit with it, but luckily I watched some reviews of IT-01 saying it had an extra purple cannon with voice clip. A quick e-mail to Toy Dojo, and they confirmed their stock at the time came with the extra cannon, so I didn't need this kit.

So that makes me think Mod Fans, Mo Del, and IT all have to be the same company.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cracked mine open and had a look. It’s a very small speaker. And they’re usually pretty cheaply and crappily made at that size. At the same time, I don’t think the sound clips are great either but it’s hard to tell.
    I have a slightly larger speaker I use for Lightsaber builds that won’t actually fit in the cannon but I keep meaning to wire it up and just see if it makes a difference. But I never seem to get around to it.
    If it turns out the sound clips are ok and it’s just a shitty speaker, I’m pretty sure you could track down a better speaker in that size. Of course if it’s the clips themselves, there’s no point and nothing can be done. Unfortunately it’s a “write once/read only memory” card so there’s no way to record new sounds onto it. Which, incidentally is also the issue with the MP-13 kit they made as 80% of the sounds are Chinese/Japanese and there’s almost no decent English sounds on it.
    We can expect the same type of issue with the new MP optimus and the BW MP Megatron as those will almost certainly only be Japanese voice clips.