modern masters series: kevin maguire

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by KA, Mar 9, 2007.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    any of you guys been picking up this series? besides the above theyve got guys like walt S, art adams, k nowlan, byrne, etc. KM is the 10th in the series, im looking fwd to mike golden and gotta pickup c vess.

anyways, a lil background on why i picked up KMs edition. im a fan. growing up drawing the ppl who affected how i drew were by chronology jim lee, sinkiewicz, mcfarlane, then along with adam hughes, this guy, when i was reading justice league. i liked how hes got the detailing level of bolland but the flow of mcfarlane. never really occured to me how he revolutionized drawing style and how he affected guys like, cassaday for instance.

neeways, an overview:
    - no wonder this guys low key, unlike some guys who revel in their superstar artist status, this guy is just like whatever, id rather be doing movies. has an awareness of the comics heritage but not really hung up over it. talks abt his long standing friendship with nicieza.
    - talks abt the minor fiasco with not finishing cap: sentinel of liberty mini series, way back, always wondered abt that. hes actually been diagnosed for ADD.
    - talks abt that period when image was starting up and when marvel and DC started to get corporate. insightful stuff there for u comic insiders - hes dne some penthouse comix works? bwa
    - talks abt recent stuff like his return to justice league and defender. fave bit is how it bugged him how max killed beetle and how he took a jab at it in his JL mini series.

there was a gallery of pencilwork but one that i found funny was artwork for a rejected project where different guys got to do takes of how batman dies, lol

anyways, all in all engaging stuff. get to it nerds!

2. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Sweet, I have never heard of this series and loved the Justice League, I think I still have a complete run of that series somewhere. I may have to pick that up if I see it.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i thought it was funny how the interviewer was always hyped and was like 'surely you felt that the JL then was breaking new ground' and kev is just like, 'i thought it was gonna flop, lol' what a screwball.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Maguire is a great artist, I loved his run on JLI. He's one of the best comic artists out there when it comes to drawing facial expressions.

5. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I was gonna peek at it when I hit my LCS this week. I have the Bruce Timm one and its awesome.