Modern day Trailbreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AniProwl, Aug 26, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Is there a toy that came or will come out recently that would be a great homage to G1 Trailbreaker?
    Any suggestions?

2. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Check the radicons. I bet someone has slightly modified something recent to be Trailbreaker. I think the one I saw most recently was movie Ratchet.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    With some modding, Cybertron Red Alert does a pretty decent job as Trailbreaker. Also, last I checked Trailbreaker was on Hasbro's list for Universe figure ideas, so we might actually see one in the next year or so.

4. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
  5. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Oh boy, oh boy! My favorite topic! Ain't nothing like talking about Trailbreaker. If you want a good toy that has a lot of the character in it, look at Movie Voyager Ironhide. Turn the head around and he has a second face. You can even get stickers for it.

http://www.reprolabels.com/Classics/trailbreaker.asp

There is also the Movie Deluxe Stockade figure that can be easily turned into Trailbreaker. There's a sticker set for him too:

http://www.reprolabels.com/Upgrades/upgradem15.asp

And finally, Movie Dropkick can also be made into a Trailbreaker but break out the paints. They used a modified version of the toy for the PSP Transformers game. Oh wait, before I forget, you can also modify Alternators Nemesis Prime into Trailbreaker if you have a Swindle/Rollbar:

http://www.reprolabels.com/Binaltech/trailbreaker.asp

EDIT: Oh dammit, beaten to the links. Also Cybertron Overhaul was supposed to be Trailbreaker but they couldn't get the name. That's why his upgrade was Leobreaker, so they could keep the "breaker" portion. If you like to paint, Alternators/Binaltech Swindle's story is that the Decepticons stole Trailbreaker's new body for him. Universe Autobot Ratchet was also talked about being redone as TB.

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:

Here's why

I have Classics Jetfire (who I hear Scott McNiel's voice), Movie Wingblade (homage to G1 Springer), and Animated Prowl.

Would Energon Landquake (without brue mode's arms) be a good homage?

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

If I can whip up the motivation, I'm planning on kitbashing the upcoming Wolverine crossover fig into Trailbreaker:

Wolverine - Transformers Crossovers - Transformers Resources

A while back, I posted this digibash in a different thread, roughly outlining what I'm hoping to do:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He'll be a bit large, but I think a massive off-road trophy truck is a good upgrade for the little guy.

As others have said, Movie Ironhide, Movie Stockade, and Cybertron Cannonball/Red Alert also work nicely.

8. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    That digibash is awesome! But can you keep the Wolverine claws on him? It would be a nice nod to Cybertron Overhaul since he had claws.

EDIT: In response to AniProwl's post, I don't see why not. The pack could certainly double up as a forcefield generator. The brute claws would be awesome on him as well if you did that. It would certainly give him a more ferocious look when it's time to get down and dirty.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks! :)  Yeah, you know, I went back and forth on the claws. On one hand, you're right, it would have a circular logic to it since C. Overhaul was slated as Trailbreaker. But on the other, the claws seemed very specific to Wolverine, and to me they didn't seem to fit with Trailbreaker's character.... they seemed less "lovable low-self-esteem lunk" and more "tiresome ninja-badass."

Then again, they probably would come in handy in the actual breaking of the eponymous trails. :) 

I dunno.... if I end up doing this (likely a long shot), I'll figure out then whether to keep them. I considered trying to modify them into miniature, retractable versions of that dual-tip accessory thingy that G1 Trailbreaker had.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    RedAlert repaint FTW!

Infact the first Universe Ratchet was going to be Trailbreaker hence him the Universe Wreckers comic.

11. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish they'd just make an actual toy of him already seeing how everyone converts any SUV/pick-up truck into Trailbreaker.
    -_-'

12. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah and there's been so many failed or half hearted homages to the guy, they need to finally do him proper

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did some say Trailbreaker? I am hoping for a Universe or Masterpiece, something, anything. I bet we will see a Diamond bust though they seem to be releasing everyone.

14. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That digibash is sick! I might have to buy Wolverine just to try that. What paint do you use to cover these suckers?

15. Mattw38

Mattw38 Well-Known Member

funny you mention Cybertron Red Alert as a cool idea for a custom Trailbreaker..as that is exactly what I am using to do so. I already have one of the parts for the custom, as well as the legs of G1 Trailbreaker (the legs of Cybertron Red Alert do not work because of their smaller size)

16. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

he will come. i am waiting. id like to see igear bust it out like they did with the van bots. i just hope the process moves along faster than those did.

17. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Alt Skids could make an interesting Trailbreaker. Similar dimensions in both robot and vehicle modes.
    There are some incredibly talented people in our communty here that could probably get that done.
    I'm also looking forward to a modern day homage to the awesomeness that is Trailbreaker, and will be equally interested in the obligatory Hoist re-color/re-tool. Of course, the TakTom versions will be better, but I'll still grab a new Trailbeaker on sight once/if he makes it to retail.

Rts Trailcutter is a nice hold-me-over for now...

18. grymg

grymg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Headrobots Big Road, right? If he ever comes out.