Heavy/Scratch: Modern Battletrap (Idea)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Satomiblood, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I ended up picking up a Machine Wars Sandstorm yesterday. Looking at the alt mode, I was reminded of a figure I used to own. I couldn't remember the name and after a little bit of searching I realized it was Battletrap.

Originally, I wanted to just give Sandstorm some articulation seeing as how he was a pretty cool mold to begin with. Then I thought of the concept behind Duocons and figured I could somehow make a combined figure. Problem is, I don't really know who I could pick for the jeep portion of the figure. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. The Wombat King

The Wombat King Ruler of a distant land

Ebay:
    I had a similar idea a few years back. I was planning to use Energon Ironhide as the truck portion. He's already blue and given the combining feature of Energon he can transform to form legs. Since I didn't need his head I was able to rip off the giant read lights/sound thing and head off the top of his truck mode.
    I never got around to finishing it, so that's about all i can offer in the way of an idea.

3. Satomiblood

Oh wow! That makes total sense. Thanks!

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Finally, someone going to make Battletrap. After seeing Rumble02's Flywheels I think it was about time to see someone do that. I hope you find what you need to complete this custom.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hope you pull it off, combination and all. Good luck man, I know you'll paint it good hehehe

6. Satomiblood

You really think my paint skills are that good? Are you referring to the Titanium Ultra Magnus I tried making into Powered Convoy?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Ezilla82

Well Satomiblood I do know only two people who actually made their own Duocons. One is Massdestruction, who created minicon version of Battletrap and Flywheels, and the second was Rumble02, who actually made a larger version of Flywheels with junker parts. So you could ask them for some advice. I hope that helps.

8. Satomiblood

I was playing around with the idea of using an Energon Barricade as the vehicle portion, but the scales don't quite match up.

I was also thinking how cool it would be to make Battletrap into 2 actual robots as opposed to 1 with a vehicle to connect to.

As for giving Sandstorm articulation, I took apart a BW Depthcharge I had lying around and will probably use the waist and ball joints. It sucks Hasbro neutered the Sandstorm mold by removing the firing mechanisms from the missile launchers. Might use the missile launchers from an Armada Starscream instead.

9. Ezilla82

Dude I like that idea having Battletrap into 2 actual robots it kinda breaks out that two alt modes become robots concept into more like the Energon's power of combination concept with the Autobots then having that hyper power mode they had. So I might be interesting to say the least.

10. Satomiblood

I'll just work on Sandstorm and figure out the second vehicle/robot part later.

11. Ezilla82

Man, I think I'm the third person who actually is still replying (thats not a bad thing). Well that some good news just keep us posted on your progress.

12. Satomiblood

Well, it's just an idea, and I haven't really done anything yet. I'm sure the input will come as I post evidence of my progress.

13. Ezilla82

That's cool. Just keep us posted when you can.