Minor/Repaint: model scaleing question

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by optimusawesome, Apr 4, 2008.

1. optimusawesome

optimusawesome Well-Known Member

When you are going to re-shell a TF, what scale do you use for classics and ALTs. is there an easy way to figure what scale you need?

pay no attention to the pic...thats not the reshell project.

Attached Files:

2. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    on the package for Alts is the scale the cars are in, 1:24. So going by that, I would guess you would use a 1:24 model, or a 1:25, depending on how you want to work it. Sometimes larger vehicles are scaled down to match the size of a 1:24. so for standard cars, use 1:24 or 25, and for trucks, it can vary.

Classics are a different story. You would need to figure out what size the orig character was. I'm going to guess the deluxe classics cars are 1:32?? I'm not 100% sure on that one.

3. LegoNinja

LegoNinja Well-Known Member

Why not measure the alt mode and then use math magic and the internet (find real car dimensions) and figure out what scale the toy is...

4. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I've used this before..
    http://jimbobwan.com/scalcalc.htm
    you have to know the "real life" size to do it, but it's been a great tool for me. Also, you have to play around with the scale a bit to find out what your going for. But i would start with your 1/32, and then make changes accordingly. if you had a real life dimension I could fiddle wiht it to get you started in the right direction.
    let me know.

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

The tricky thing is when you're reshelling, a specific scale doesn't always work, it's the dimensions that are more important. If you want to fit, say a Beetle model kit to an Alt Mustang mould for instance (not that you're likely to), a 1:24 kit would be far too small for the chassis - you'd probably need a model kit scaled at 1:20 (I'm guessing, of course, I don't actuallyknow the relative dimensions of a Beetle and a Mustang :p )

So it really depends on what TF base you plan to use and what model of car you want to fit onto it...