Customs: model masters turn signal amber

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Sep 19, 2009.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey guys, im curious about something here. On my RoTF Prime I used turn signal amber over gaurds red, and the end result is gorgeous!! So, I used up most of my tsa... I stopped off at the local hobby shop on my way home, and I pick up another bottle thinking no worries, right... WRONG!!the bottle I had was a yellow shade, and now they've turned the tsa into literally amber color... when did this happen?!?! The color I had matches very closely to the mix I used on my '07 CCBB repaint which was creatix sunburst yellow with a little peral gold.. again I ask, when did they change the color of their tsa??

2. MATTICUS PRIME

MATTICUS PRIME chicks love me!

If this be true I be needing to rape my hobby lobby.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe I should check my hobby lobby too... See if they have the same shade of tsa I'm looking for...

4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    where do you get these paints from? and could you not mail order some or find another store that has some older stock so you can finish your custom?

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    there's TWO different Turn Signal Ambers, pay careful attention to which one you are grabbing before you check out! I've got both, I think they both have their uses.

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

So, if there's two, anyway to tell which one you're getting, other than through looking at the paint colour itself? (text, producct codes, etc.)

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yep. one is Model Master's "Custom Lacquer System" code 28004. The other is Model Master's Enamel Paint code 2723.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Model masters is a fairly new line to testors though, is it not?? Either way, the bottle I nabbed and the one I had are the exact same product description. Code, labels, everything but the color. I talked to the guys at the hobby shop and they say testors might of changed the formula. And nellie131, trust me I've been looking aroumd and haven't found jack that matches my old tsa. Luckily the custom is already done with that color, but now I've got no way to replicate it for future customs!! I'm now contemplating if I want to put this thing up on ebay if I can't replace it..

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    nope, not new at all. I've been using it since I started this hobby back in 05.

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was talking newer than their main line, but yea, I realised after I posted how old the model masters actually is. I know I was using them for model cars since the 8th grade or so.. Man I feel old all of a sudden..

11. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay: