Customs: Modding Devastator for four legged walking

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Rogzilla, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, so I have seen a bunch of different radicons mod the supreme Devastator so he walks on all fours, similar to what we saw in the movie. I was just wondering if one or more of them would be willing to describe what it is that they have done. Also, if you do decide to share what you did, would you mind stating if you feel it is a basic, moderate or difficult mod?

I suppose that, to a lesser degree, if any of you wanted to share mods you did to make it so his head pointed forward as well, that would be great. I, personally, am more concerned about getting him on all fours at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

2. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shoot a PM over to encline or frenzy_rubmle. They were the 2 most successful with the mod you are asking for that come to mind.

3. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    I agree with that. I thought it would be cool if they would be posted in the public forum. But I will go ahead and shoot at PM over to them, perhaps inviting them to respond in this thread if they would like.

4. altezen

altezen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi All,

There is a simple mod by not latching the clip to the shovel arm of Scavenger.
    Spread the shovel arm away from the clip, not only allow devy to walk on fours and also it look better. you can refer to pict 2(before) and Pict 3 (after).

To make the face up.
    1) drill 2 nos.1.5mm holes on the shovel armbase of the scavenger and also 2 holes with 1.5mm brass rods on mixmaster(below and behind the cockpit). please refer to pict 01.

Attached Files:

5. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Wow, the four legged mod is really easy! Just don't peg in the shovel! BRILLIANT!

The other mod though, I am not certain I am following. You are making two holes then two pegs in the form of the brass rods, is that it?

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'm kinda lost too as far as the head mod goes.

I'm just trying to see if this thing is worth picking up at all, and thought that if there were simple mods to make that happen, this would be the place it would happen...

7. altezen

altezen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, you are right . I used to call them pins/pegs in my region for holding resin kits together. i should had taken photos on the actual mods.....but not with me now, it was exhibited at a shop now

I think ball joints(from yellow submarine) may work as well.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  8. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    That sounds great! I fiddled with Devastator last night after the wife went to bed and sure enough, got him on all fours.

I will keep my eyes open for some of those brass rods the next time I am at a hobby shop.