Minor/Repaint: MOD:Giving DOTM Voyager Sentinel that extra bit

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by henry_earth, Jul 19, 2011.

1. henry_earth

henry_earth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    All Sentinel needs is a little lovin. For a little bit now i have been working on this dude. A while back i saw the first photos of this sentinel i said the same as others not a great looking figure and a poor excuse of a voyager. Finally saw it in person and yeah like the photo what a squatty looking little guy just a bit bigger then some deluxes. Immediately i saw what i can do and i think some of you can do the same. What he needed is an extension of his lower waist to his legs. His status when you first see him in package looks short. His legs have no space on his waist. The leader has a bit of space why not the voyager? Doing this gives that sentinel that tall look voyagers need and all should have. He's a prime he needs to look powerful.
    Needed to do this mod:
    A Drill (of Course)
    3/16 drill bit
    A Screw driver set
    Putty i suggest tamiya bc it doesn't dry as quick as other brands and can still be tinkered with while it's setting
    Clippers
    Needle Nose pliers
    Exacto Knife
    I started by measuring from the radius of the original circle i went a quarter of an inch down. so that the new hole did not join the pre existing hole. From there you shave the plastic inside to accommodate the pegs for his legs it will take time and putty to fill in some gaps. Im a rook at this stuff but i bet if others try they can do a better job. He still transforms but looks just a bit off but still looks great. still need to finish by filling in his previous holes and setting his screw on his lower back to the lower crotch area also keeps more friction down so the legs aren't so loose. this will have to happen bc of the pegs on his waist/legs taking room. All now is to primer and paint. What do you think????
    UPDATE 7-20-11: Now showing his alt mode had to wait for the putty to dry again his alt mode does look a bit off. now im going to fix that spacing bc of the extension. i'll be fixing it by adding plastic to the flaps for his cape, the siding of his alt mode (which have his side ladders) i going to cut out styrene plastic to fill in the gap. the cut out will easily fill it in also makes no difference in his transformation. Next will be his hands they will be removed for gundam 1/100 hands with articulation

Attached Files:

2. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

alt mode please

3. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Nice work there, makes him look taller instead of squatty looking.

@micky24 - I am sure he will post pics of the alt mode as soon as he is finished, just be patient. At the moment, the bot mode is looking great after the mod.

4. doomflyer

doomflyer New Member

This leg mod really improves the figure. Great job, cool that it can still transform. Alt mode pics please!

5. mistercustom

mistercustom New Member

well he is actualy quite tall