Customs: Mod for BW Dragon Megatron arm?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Has anyone ever modded a BW Dragon Megatron to give him a posable dragon head arm? In other words, give it joints so it can hold a pose instead of it being all floppy.

I have the RiD Cryotek redeco and I was thinking how much better he'd be with a jointed neck/arm such as being able to twist the arm around and have him aim the head like a plasma cannon.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? I'd be very interested to see how something like this would be done.

Attached Files:

2. luke4

luke4 crocon

cut before the purple scaley things/behind the head and and a ball joint. im not a 100% sure if it would work though...

3. Metal Chaos

News Credits:

Wha...?

4. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    anyone?

5. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

If you unscrew the "neck controller" and re-attach it in the opposite direction, the little flap that moves up and down can be used to hold the neck in a few static positions. The toys were ALL mis-assembled, and the box photos show the CORRECT position. It's not 100% poseable, but it's a start. Try it.

6. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

7. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    What about running a rigid wire (coat hanger?) up through the spine? That would allow you to bend it into any position the neck would allow, and hold it in place until you want to change it. Don't have the mold so I don't know how easy or difficult it would be.:thumbs2: 

8. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I was kind of hoping to give it joints or something but I may have to try the steel wire idea.

9. luke4

luke4 crocon

cut where the head meets the neck and add the ball joint. and at the shoulder as well if u want to.

10. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

the way i handled that problem was that i went and purchased 2 cryotecks at the time removed each cryoteks dragon neck
    chopped each original dragon neck down into its seperate joints

i then went and salvaged the multijointed tails from 2 transmetal bw megatrons with the transmetalised tails being dissasembled down to its individual joints
    then recombined the tail joints together in sets of two per joint size,
    i then dremelid the top half of each joint set down all the way to the actual conenctor socket/ball joint then did the same to the dragons original necks to salvage the top scaled portion from each neck joint then transferred them to the new neck using sculpy to build up a suitable mounting base on each joint and epoxy glue to attach the rubbery neck parts into place with the neck scales themselves still being able top fold up and down on the rubber necks mounting pice hinge joint

it's really less difficult then it actually sounds