Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 0096 OAV. Coming in 2010!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by pinoy78, Aug 31, 2009.

1. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

2. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

Is this a good thing? Cause I have never heard of this. So if it takes place in the Universal Century continuity will it include characters from previous shows, or is it so far in the future that there couldn't be anyone left alive?

I don't think it can hold a candle to Double 00 though, that series is great.

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Day one, althougth Bright isn't going to be the same now that his original VA isn't about anymore.

Hopefully this will do hella business and encourage them to do the other print stuff like Crossbone and Hathaway's Flash.

Yes, was announced months ago, mostly new cast, 3 years after CCA.

4. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bandai is aiming for a worldwide release of the DVD. Good luck with that, considering Kurokami.

5. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I was sold since I saw unicorn toys in stores.

Our masked man, not so sure.

Im going to be tehre for the dvd release for sure though.

saint seiya hades and lost canvas all over again.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably means it will get released under Bandai's shitty Honneamise label for $50 for two episodes or something equally ridicules.

7. RabidYak

They did away with that last year, but I woulden't be surprised if they do nobble the US release somehow to stop Japanese folks importing it to save money over thier hideous native prices.

See also the US release of the original series with its dub-only discs and missing episode. They claimed that the original audio masters were too far gone and that Tomino wanted that episode gone, yet it was all there when it came out in Japan about a year later

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm actually very excited to see this series, but I'm not a teenager anymore. I remember being in high school, when I naively thought $30 for 5 episodes of Gundam Wing was a good deal.

Now that you can get (for example) a season of Batman: The Animated Series or Futurama for $30, Bandai and many other companies' ridiculous pricing for anime has turned me off from that hobby for over 10 years.

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I hope they bring this to America, with toys as well!

Bandai America has passed up too many good Gundam toys and model kits since they axed the line with SEED. And every goddamn year at Toyfair it's the same old crushed hopes! "Oh yes, Gundam will return this year!" And we wait...and wait... and wait...Nothing. Quit breakin' my heart Bandai, I want my Gundam back in the toy stores!

10. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I hope this is really going to be available in the US, and actually obtainable.

Still holding out hope for a US release of ZZ Gundam and Victory Gundam, though. I'd really like to finish my UC collection. How the hell about Z Gundam: A New Translation, too!?

11. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Its a simultaneous release.

the last part Im really sorry about you because at least in this part of canada there is one store- at least- per mall that sells imported gundams. all sizes too

12. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Yeah, we got nothing.:( 

We were even supposed to get Z-Gundam. Instead, we got SEED and they said that Z-Gundam would come next, but it never did. There was even a big coverpage story written about the upcoming Z-Gundam in Toyfare Magazine.

Bandai America even had new Z-Gundam figures and Model Kits listed on GundamOfficial.com, complete with pictures and product descriptions.

Sigh. Oh well...

13. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    That really sucks. I love Zeta Gundam.:( 

14. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    You're lucky guys. We didn't even get Seed or G Gundam.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Kinda, it's still around but it was folded up into Bandai Entertainment who still does the distribution for the label (recently did the blu ray release of Akira). I'm thinking we'll get a similar release like they did for IGLOO which is still going to be expensive and most likely a small episode count, and of course no dub.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  16. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    The "Masked Man" is named Full Frontal

He is The leader of the Neo-Zeon remnant forces called "The Sleeved"
    and is described as the "2nd coming of Char"
    Like Char Aznable, he is a blonde man whose face is hidden behind a mask, and he wears a red uniform and pilots a red mobile suit

His face and voice tone closely resemble Char's
    He is later revealed to be a cyber NewType who was genetically altered to resemble the m.i.a Char Aznable.
    His memories were then implanted from the psycho frame of one of the Mobile suits previously piloted by Char (possibly Sazabi).

17. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

So excited for this. Will probably be buying each volume on Blu-ray as they are released, even though the pricing is going to be ridiculous.

18. RabidYak

They've actually licenced the Zeta compilation trilogy, but are sitting on it for some reason. I doubt ZZ and Victory will ever get an official release thougth, the sort of folks that make up the majority of the consumer base thesedays just arn't interested in watching older shows. They'd make money from the hardcore in sub-only bricksets, but theres no motivation for them to do that when they can get a much higher return on thier investment on the latest fads.

I do find it rediculous that Bandai charges its own international subsidaries licence fees for shows that it has no intention of offering on the open market

They haven't got any choice on episode count if they are going for simulatanious release, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on pricing for now since they have been getting thier act together in that department recently. Dub folks will just have to suck it up if Bandai isn't doing them before release, thats what they get for being too lazy to learn how to read subtitles.

The whole model of the western anime DVD business has always been hideously broken and anti-consumer, partially because of the byzantine way that Japanese companies do business and partially because distributers kept dubbing everything reguardless of whether it actually made financial sense for a title. Its slowly getting better thougth, but only because the internet and failing market has forced them to do something about it.

19. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Why don't you just watch online for free?

20. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Seriously can't wait for this. Been dying for a new UC animation (to be honest, I REALLY want them to make a Sentinel anime... and put ZZ on US DVD).

I need a good Gundam animation to wash the foul taste 00 left me with.