Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Coming 2007!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by pinoy78, Jun 2, 2007.

1. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I never got around to watching Gundam Wing, Seed, or Destiny so here's hoping it's a fresh start I can get into. Looks good so far.

http://www.gundam00.net/ [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

'We begin the armed intervention to all warfare with Gundam' , so Gundams are the peace-keepers this time around then I assume, could be interesting.

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I just hope it's easier to follow than Seed Destiny... I loved Seed but for the life of me I could not hold attention to Destiny.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm willing to bet the kid with the red scarf in the bottom right is our lead character. He has that look. Looks a bit angsty, too.

I'll wait and see on this one, the Gundam looks nice though it's hard to say since it's an awkward angle. Reminds me of the design of the Turn A, again might be the angle on him.

5. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    pinoy78 - thanks for the link!!!

7. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I'll watch it, but I hope its not another crapfest like Destiny.

8. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

So, is this a new, not related to anything else, Gundam series?

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I have no faith in it.

Since Turn A ended, none of the new gundam material has been any good. its just rehashes and the same boring plot points recycled over and over. It is nice to see Seed's character designer gone. That at least means that there will be more than one face model used across the entire cast.

10. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    As someone who is fond of the Astray manga spin-offs of the Cosmic Era series - and of the excellent Stargazer ONA - I'd disagree with such a blanket dismissal of the CE as a source of interest.

But as far as this new show goes? I'll check it out, for sure - but I'll try to reserve judgement until it shows up...

Gary

11. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

hum Sign me up gundam has a hold on me I cant comprehend.-save turn A for some reason-(dont misninterpret me is good is just that I cant for my life watch it again )

I agree with Nerroth there is certainly a lot to like about the CE- destiny started good just somewhere down the line the writers screwed up a lot.-and I did like the ending of destiny.( mostly because that Athrun back into badass status.)

-and yes Im looking forward to that CE movie its being made

I like the designs from that preview, when is it out?

12. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

QFT

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got more hope for this one at the moment. Namely because, as per some fairly persistent rumors, director Seiji Mizushima (Fullmetal Alchemist) is attached to this one. With that show in his pocket, I have confidence that he'd be able to create a well-crafted Gundam story, possibly one that isn't bogged down with constant parallels to other series.

Also, from that short teaser, the animation looks gorgeous, along the levels of say, Eureka Seven. Hope that means they've given the animation a bigger budget, instead of focusing on the endless parading of pop superstars like for SEED. That series has also shown Bandai that they can get a strong, well-animated 52-episode mecha show that doesn't rely on stock animation to beef up the runtime, so hopefully they take those lessons to heart and apply them to their core property.

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I wanna see Yasuhiro Imagawa direct another Gundam series.

15. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I liked SEED and Destiny so i'm sure i'll like this one too.

16. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Here's hoping. After being immensely disappointed with Destiny, I think anything is better at this point. As long as they don't put 5 clip show episodes in a 50 episode series. That was what really killed Destiny towards the end. You get a cliffhanger of an ending and then . . clipshow! Ugh. Besides that and the repeated flashbacks to SEED and the overuse of stock footage.

As for this new series, so far it looks like a Buster-type suit, followed by - I'm assuming - the title MS (red, white, and blue color scheme, and then some suit with a big plasma cannon looking thing. Not sure if the last one is another MS or one of the first two with extra features. The first two though, seems to have some Turn-A influence.

17. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

I am a huge fan of Gundam and have seen almost all of it. I will say that UC is the best, but seed was okay. It was just a rehash of the orginal and zeta. But still fun to watch.

To me I only hold out faith the new series if Tomino is writting it. Other wise it will just be a rehash(but maybe not bad).

18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Well this came out of nowhere, I wasn't expecting a new Gundam show, much less one without "Seed" in the title for a while yet.
    Looks pretty sweet so far and if FMA's director is really attached to this then it could be great. Like most my only concern is that they don't screw this up like they did Destiny.

It would be nice if this wasn't just another re-imagining though, something different from Gundam is long overdue.

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Sequel to G Gundam! Gundam needs more hotblood and less angst.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy enough. Just get someone who gives a damn about their writing job, compared to Morosawa. Her devil may care attitude and shoddy writing practices are what did Destiny in.