MMC Thunderclash!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Ra88, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this figure is beautiful, even if the alt mode isn't perfect.

I really really really hope we get a Machine Wars Optimus repaint out of it, also. Straight repaint, too. Head and all. Stick to the source material. (Or include the other head as optional)

• Like Like x 1
  2. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Turbomaster

I just hope MMC, if they were to make a Magnus, don't make a Carnifex-sized one. That's just too big, and the CW Leader scales adequately with both regular CHUG and MMC figures, from what I can tell. I wouldn't mind if an MMC Magnus were a little bit bigger though, perhaps about the size of more recent Leader class figures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Holy shit! Thunderclash from Kultur. Never saw that coming. I will so be buying this!

EDIT: Thunderclash (per milne) was shorter than Magnus, but taller than Megatron if I'm remembering correctly. So I think he scales well.

One thing that irks me a little about this is that his head seems quite small for the body.

Also I've enough love in my heart for this guy and any G1ish Thunderclashes that come out way from Hasbro or other sources.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  4. fafireguy

fafireguy Leader

Oh if they do magnus, i surely hope it isnt Carnifex sized, even though i own Carnifex, that is an Overlord height not a Magnus. And if they do make magnus, it would probably be only a head or so taller than their Megatron. Though i could see him being far bigger. And i would love to get a larger than Legends Minimus.

5. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Gorira is the height I'd want IDW Magnus to be at.

[​IMG]

Bout 2 and a half heads taller than tyran. Would be perfect size for him allowing for a deluxe minimus to be made out of the truck cab and then the truck cab itself to have a tiny minimus sit inside it.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    That sounds about right :) 

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Thunderclash looks great, funky colors and all. It's a definite buy for me.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Saw some people suggesting teal for the shoulders instead of white because it's more accurate that way. Dunno how to feel about it, but I did a quick digibash based on it nonetheless. What do people here think?

thunderclash color change.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Megatron118

Megatron118 I <3 Linkin Park

Nah. Too much blue now

10. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I prefer white.

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Always preferred the white cuz it evokes the cab kibble from the original, for me [though i almost like the teal in vehicle mode, better]. but i'll go with anything if you can convince a machine wars repaint out of these guys ;3

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

You know, looking through the comic art people have posted, it looks like he's usually depicted with blue shoulders (like the original toy) with some sort of teal kibble framed around them. They're one piece in this MMC version, of course, but I kind of wonder if they might look better in blue, rather than teal (or white). The feet look great like you have them.

13. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yeah shoulders are staying white, already tried various combinations of teal with them from full teal to accenting the fronts to striping the tops and they all look bad and ruin the color balance of the alt mode and the bot mode. So that's not happening. Design was never intended to even be strictly based on season 2 Thunder, I simply appropriated some aspects of that design for mmc's in order to make mmc's more visually interesting. Well aware some people would prefer the much plainer action master inspired deco Byrin started with but that's not what we're doing now given how nice the recoloring looks and how positively received it has been.

However I have already sent an email to the boss asking if the backs of the feet can be made dark blue to match the hands as that will greatly help with his "duck foot" issue.

Also considering asking if we can have the overall gold darkened by about 20% or so. Not 100% sure exactly how it looks in hand due to the very bright lighting he was under at the convention. The gold itself is the same gold used on Titanika and her's I felt was perfectly balanced as far as a mid tone not too yellow not too brown gold goes that I really like a lot. Which is why I wanted that gold on this guy.

But given he is so colorful otherwise it may be clashing with the rest of his parts anyway so we'll see.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  14. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I like the white shoulders.

I don't suppose there is any ETA on when this guy might be up for pre-order or launched?

15. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Definitely by years end I would think but exact month not sure. My best estimate would be between october and november since aero is suppose to be out in september.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Cheers dude! Time to start writing that list to Santa...

17. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Sorry no Bulkhead or Thunderclash. You Dojo's will have those on display at their store. I will only have the Megatron, Whirl, Obsidian, and the tapes (I think). Can't remember all that I'm bringing back.

~Paik

• Like Like x 1
  18. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Teal definitely looks way better. I get making it white because of the alt mode, but you're sacrificing robot mode accuracy for alt mode accuracy. Robot mode should never take the hit on a compromise.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Here are two versions of the character with white shoulder armor, Byrins design in regards to its shoulders specifically much more strongly evoking these two.

thundershoulder.jpg

White shoulders are completely 100% a valid and justified approach to how one can choose to do them just as any other detail on the mold is with regards to its references. It is after all a hybrid of sorts bolted on to a modded Kultur chasis. It's not intended to be like say Wing who is very slavish to something very specific. This is not that so it shouldn't be treated like that.

20. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I suppose it wouldn't be world shattering if a fictional space truck had teal front wheel arches as opposed to white ones.

The more I look at it, I'd be happy with either colour. I just want me an IDW thunderclash :D