MMC Sphinx - Mirage

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Can you colorsample from the sticker and use that as a color base for the blue portion? BE OUR CHAMPION :D 

2. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    This looks awesome!!!!!! DX9 should just throw in the towel on their mold.

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can but it will look like ass because the sticker is coming off. I'd prefer to photoshop everything colors, numbers, text, chrome.

4. kvazimorda

kvazimorda Innocent

Ebay:
    in color this should look much-much better, for sure

5. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Looks to me like the front spoiler slides in for bot mode but could be the angle of the picture. Really liking this design. Looks tall and slim like g1 mirage in the cartoon yet his altmode looks wider and right on point. Hoping for an engine cover panel especially for bot mode. MMC, if your listening I say again, offer this mold in completely clear and I'll buy that version too!

6. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    If they hadn't released and sold it 5/6 months ago you would have a point.

I want this too, but it won't be retiring Invisible, and this isn't even the highest priority I would want from MMC right now having seen how fantastic that Turmoil and by extension hopefully how Impactor are going to be.

7. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    :eek:  Q1 2015 release? ...

8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Encouraging.

But I'm still waiting to see the final colors/finish. That's an aspect that MMC has consistently been disappointing me on for just about everything they did after HOS.

But if they get the color/finish right, this will be a definite buy. (assuming it really is released in the near future)

9. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

dang, i'm glad i only bought one DX9 invisible (which IMO is a GREAT toy on its own right). Guess he is going with my "diaclone and pre TF MP style toys shelf as i'm pretty sure teh mirage deco was one of them anyway".

I do think the hip skirts should be a touch bigger, but hey its good still. I also hope MMC paints this thing too. MMC of late has been done to not use much paint at all. i think terminus continuum is the only exception recently. so far though...this thing is WAY better than my expectations so far. proper G1 looking head, nice bot mode. CANNOT wait.

10. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

This looks very good, but I've already bought DX9's Invisible.
    The fact that this exists is great and all, but does it make me feel good?
    Hmm, not so sure, 3P sure does seem to be a bottomless pit of expense. I'm sure once Sphinx is on the market, it won't be easy to shift my Invisible on.
    It would be nice if MMC do a decent "clear version" because then I could buy it and still keep Invisible for my "uncloaked version".
    I wish I could just buy the definitive versions of the 'bots I like, without the one-upmanship of 3P, and thus having to either settle for a poor first choice, or having to buy that character again.
    I just hope MMC do Impactor and Strika first, as these are more interesting characters that I haven't already purchased from a different company.
    It's nuts that there are now 2 "MP" aesthetic Mirages, but still no MP Jazz.

11. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By and large I try to stay out of the "is it chug or MP" debates, but I just couldn't with Invisible. It always felt like and upscaled classics figure to me. There was never any doubt in my mind about waiting on this.

12. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Choice is a terrible thing, right? Third party products as a whole are not holding their value as nearly well as they did 5 years ago, when you could count on fp products to sell out. If you are buying transformers as investment vehicles, the. I would recommend a different financial product.

There are so many different companies that there are bound to be overlaps, especially in the mp market, where there is a limited number of main characters. Each company is not trying to one up one another. Dx9 is going for a chug/mp aesthetic mix and mmc is going for completely different studio ox version. I would suggest sticking to official mps, which are still somewhat limited by the individual designers interpretation.

Do what i do: buy a $90 toy, and get $90 worth of enjoyment out of it. Dont fret if something more appealing comes out. Lose 20 or 30 bucks and buy what makes you happy.

13. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This guy wasn't even on my radar until now...man these latest pictures look good.

The image is a nightmare for digibashing....but I gave it a shot :) 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks good. Que Fry holding a wad of cash picture.

15. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For 'giving it a shot' that digibash looks pretty damn awesome:thumb  Hes looking good. I might just have room in my collection for another mirage.

16. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thing wasn't even on my radar after seeing the initial pics, but these new prototype pics make the figure a lot better looking, perhaps even topping Invisible....but gotta see coloured images before I come to that conclusion.....does this have forearm gaps????

17. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks like the fist has a hinge on the front of the forearm. I would expect the front of the forearm to open for it to flip in. Just like Tigris or Leo I think.

18. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    Do you see mastermind's hat?
    No?

That's because they just threw it in the ring!

19. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that looks much better than I'd expected. I love the little driver, nice touch.

20. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

[​IMG]