MMC Sphinx - Mirage

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Except Paypal won't give you your burned money back. Until ebay/paypal does something, it's not even a risk, just a waste of time.

2. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Actually, this isn't exactly true. Every time someone "gets burned" and needs a refund, that percentage PayPal/ebay take ends up growing. It's like insurance. The more people make claims, the more it's going to cost EVERYONE ultimately. So we all get burned in the end.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Kero

Kero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ended up as PS-01A. Blue still looks light. :/ Besides the color, what are the differences between the two in terms of fixes?

4. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    The front end of the original would collapse if any pressure was put on it, with the wheels splaying out. Now that assembly is rock solid. I think that there was one other fiddly bit that was unstable on the original version, but I don't remember exactly what.

5. artimus prime

artimus prime SCALE Debater TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The pin on one (usually the left) shoulder assembly wasn't pushed in all the way. So it had wiggle to it.

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have PS-01 as well as PS-01A. On A the front end axles still collapse a bit but not as badly.
    Also there is still no real undercarriage clearance improvement on A version. The underside of the car still scrapes the ground even on the smoothest of surfaces.

7. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    My front axle is solid. Maybe they fixed it on later production runs. also, mine has no clearance issues. The only issue that my 1A has is that the rear wheels want to turn (as if you are beginning transformation).

8. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks good in alt mode with the Alternators.

IMG_20180123_224417.jpg IMG_20180123_223302.jpg IMG_20180123_224316.jpg IMG_20180123_224343.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  9. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No problem.

I did some measuring and it turns out Mirage is 1/24 scale in alt mode just like the Alternators.

Dragstrip is still too big at 1/22 scale, but it's less noticable with the Alternators.

• Like Like x 2
  11. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Somebody knows a way to remove the 26 off his chest nicely, so I can put a logo on it like the cartoon? Ethanol maybe?

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I know this comment is a few weeks old, but is this actually fact or just an assumption? Have eBayPal fees gone up? Also, while I don't think it's smart to 'buy' from an obvious scam, who's really the one to blame, the customer or the site that allows it? Hey you, quit using our site for its intended purpose, dammit! If eBay wants to put an end to such BS, then they should fix the system to not so easily allow for it. Why blame the person who's using the service you want them to use? Yeah, I know...in most cases people should know better...but then again, so should eBay.

13. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I decided I wanted to swap this guys head out for the alternate head, but am having a REAL hard time getting the original head off/out. Did anyone else have any issues? any tips?

14. Chareos

Chareos MP Omnibots or bust!

Paik4life has a head replacement video on YouTube. I'm not able to search for it right now

15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Decepticon13

Ebay:
    The idea is kind of that yeah, eBay has to expect a certain amount of shenanigans. But at some point, they start losing too much $ to not raise fees to cover loses. Idiot consumers who continue to "take a flyer on hopes and dreams" that they'll receive a $100 toy for $29.99 over and over because "I'm covered by ebay/paypal" simply increase that loss that much more. It's not unreasonable for eBay to expect reasonable consumer behavior by us, which is protecting ourselves somewhat too, and that continued "I'm covered" mentality will eventually end up either increasing costs for sellers which increase costs of items or they'll make it harder for buyers to file claims. It's business.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

So if they start losing too much money, then it's time for them to put preventive measures in place. It wouldn't be that difficult for them. Again, who's fault is it? If you're my neighbor and you get robbed, is it my fault for not looking out for your house or is it your fault for not locking your friggin' door? People aren't doing anything wrong by using the eBay site and placing an order. That's the what it's there for. Sure, it's not smart when it looks to good to be true, but you're not breaking any rules by placing the order. Tell eBay to lock their facking door if they're tired of getting robbed...

18. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

But a responsible neighbor doesn’t use their spare key to unlock the door for the burglars. You don’t just tell your neighbor to make the spare key harder to use.

19. Decepticon13

Ebay:
    Thats the point. It's not smart. And if everyone keeps it up you'll pay more for stuff to cover the losses they're incurring. That's how it works.

20. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

The door was unlocked...I didn't let them in.

Based on what? Has eBay actually raised their fees? If they have, did they say that was why? Or are you assuming that's what'll happen if dumbasses keep it up? Because I still say if it's that big of a problem, then eBay are the dumbasses that should fix it! If it's not hard to spot, it shouldn't be hard to correct. Or just hold ALL funds till delivery. But the point is eBay is to blame. It's their system and they allow it. If eBay feels it's cutting into their bottom line then they should fix it.

I don't purchase obvious scams, myself...it's a waste of my time. But I will admittedly occasionally take my chances when the price is better than you might expect and all other signs point to positive...if the seller isn't hiding their previous sales, has high positive feedback with relevant sales, even better if they recently sold the same item I'm attempting to purchase in their feedback, and the price isn't nonsensical. There have been a couple misses, but I've gotten several really good deals, too.