MMC SERAPHICUS PROMINON / Nova Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, May 23, 2012.

1. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I wouldn't say that, MC's is being remolded and updated with better articulation and so forth but sadly is dependent on a kickstarter to even happen though with the amount of desire for it chances are high it will get made. Personally I think MMC's looks a little better overall but if comic accuracy is what people want Masters is completely unmatched.

I could easily see myself getting both at this point, Masterss because it's more true to Nova, and MMC's simply because its bad ass lol.

2. rkx

rkx Well-Known Member

Really hoping to hear an announcement on this figure soon!

3. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Me too. Im gonna call this one D-Void in my Nemesis shelf.

4. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

a few thoughts.
    1. it looks kinda cool, but something is "off" aestheticallly and its been off since th efirst seraph renders.
    2. not sure if it looks as good as that old master collectibles proto design from years back
    3. proportions of the base bot are awkward, even combined mode its still present. i thnk the chest/torso is massive cmared to the limbs.
    4. dainty looking hip joints with add on armor. not sure thats a great idea.
    5. if i had to choose between this and the maste collectibles (if that ever comes to be) i'd choose that. this still is cool though and depending on price i might pick it up. i hav ea thng for tranforers with wings. lol

5. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is one of those rare times when the artistic license Cassy used to go his own way came out so incredibly good, that accuracy to a source material might not be that big a deal to a lot of people.

In my own head, I actually think Cassy's is even more fitting to represent the character than even the source material since that was just an unused Optimus recolored and such.

That's just my own crazy rationalization though lol. I tend to lead more towards interpretations of characters rather than straight-up representations, especially with 3P figures.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will someone just post a completed Nova with a PRICE already? I can find room in my heart and wallet for one and I'd like to make an informed choice.

That said, MMC Hexatron is fantastic and I'd love to buy another large, single figure from them (I can't afford the combiners and I don't go over $40 or so for Deluxe-ish). I enjoyed the comic as well which was pretty much a brawl between this guy and Hexatron.

7. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To each there own but proportions are 100x better on this one, the master collectibles one had terrible legs, they look like energon rodimus. I wouldnt even think twice about preordering both versions of this the second they were listed.

8. kaizen3121

kaizen3121 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This project will be a gem in anyone's collection. The ingenious engineering behind it is amazing.

Maketoys making their own version of Nova Prime, resulted in Seraph getting pushed back in favor of the Feral Cons, with the purpose being side stepping any head to head competition (lovely how that worked out :) ). With Maketoys version being more in line with classics (as it is only 7.5 inches) and the success of Hexatron and soon to be success of the Feral Cons, I could foresee this getting greenlit again if the market (us fans) create a high enough demand. Seraph scales well with Hexatron and fits in perfectly with MMC's reformatted line (as well as Masterpiece collections, IMO).

It'd be a shame to miss out on something this unique. Its a great time to be a collector. Let's let our voices be heard.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm surprised that there isn't a pole for which Nova Prime do you want to buy yet;) 

10. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh sheeet that armor. I always liked the base bot, but that armor knocks it out of the park. Especially if it can ironman and not lose articulation. I need this. The problem is what color I like more...

11. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. I'd almost be tempted to get both color schemes. The concept of the trailer turning into an armor rack and armoring up the base figure like ironman tickles me in all the right ways. Please make this MMC.

12. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

This is such a great looking figure. It would be a complete shame if it didn't get developed.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Hopefully something will come out of this in the future. Would love to have Hex battle it in my display.

14. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Whoa, I didn't think of that. That would be kickass.

15. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

I probably would buy both versions. I really dig the design here. I like that it can support the wings without a frame attached to it like the Maketoys one.

16. lucas maximus

lucas maximus Need more Kain...

yeah, to me that's the main drawback to the maketoys version. even if they change that i'm still down for mmc. I WON'T BE SWAYED!!
    also you have to think that the base bot should be optimus height and the combined mode should be almost like a powermaster prime combined with his trailer so this still fits more with a classics line-up but could easily stand in a masterpiece display.

17. Window

Window Well-Known Member

Yea, it will be a shame if MMC didn't green light this one.
    The nemesis version is good looking too.

That there doesn't seem to be a need for a support strut for the wings is really good - it is what turned me off of the maketoys one.

18. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

...wow.

Prefer Nemesis colors. Would likely buy both anyway just because this looks so damned good.

19. Mikeatron Prime

Mikeatron Prime Active Member

I want. Was considering getting the Maketoys one but if this is coming... Maketoys who? Where is the preorder? When are we getting a preorder? Take my money!!

20. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DAMN!!! After seeing this..... this ifs the version I MUST have. It's looking like MMC will be getting a lot of my money this year with what they have in the works...

- Gregg