MMC Reformatted R-23 Dicamus (Roadbuster)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Maz, May 10, 2017.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    If you’ve got a good mould and good ideas, why not make use of them? Mastermind Creations have already demonstrated some clever and quality re-uses of moulds. Not everyone agrees, but I thought getting Anubis, Jaegertron and Boreas out of the same mould was pretty darn good. Azalea’s sculpt certainly got some excellent mileage, and let’s not forget the excellent Spartan-Commotus body share. It should not surprise you, then, that MMC have taken the mould used for Titanika and delivered the rather lovely Reformatted R-23 Dicamus.

MMC R-23 Dicamus – The Source Report <- CLICK TO READ

Dicamus02.jpg Dicamus06.jpg Dicamus01.jpg Dicamus23.jpg Dicamus19.jpg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 4
  2. wetwithwaterwings

wetwithwaterwings Well-Known Member

Dicamus is one tough toy. I had to move my refrigerator and forgot that Dicamus was on top in alt mode. He rolled off and smacked the kitchen floor, hitting roof first. The tip of the rifle snapped off, but the rest of the figure did not have a scratch, bend, or stress mark on it. I glued the tip of the gun and it's as good as new. Props to MMC for making quality figures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish Dicamus handled as well as he looks in robot mode. Posing involves navigating around a lot of back, shoulder and butt kibble. To his credit, you can usually ultimately get him in the pose you're shooting for, even if it's sometimes a fight to get there.

He's built solid as a rock though and his transformation is fun and intuitive. Vehicle mode is a bit lacking....under-detailed and gappy in places. I'm usually ok with a minimal number of accessories....but Roadbuster needs to be armed to the teeth. Opt to build his bumper out of the two green forearm cannons, add that rife to his side and he ends up looking...underequipped. Really needed a least one more large weapon to fill out his arsenal.

Overall, I liked him. Not one of MMC's best efforts, but worthwhile if you're in love with the robot mode sculpt.

• Like Like x 2