MMC R-42 D-Zef (Deathsaurus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Jul 14, 2018.

1. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

I’m leaning towards standard D-Zef since I like those bot and dragon heads a bit better than the Continuum. Still, I hope that there are some efforts to make the vanilla Tigerbreast a smidge more feline, but that might just be for the Continuum. Or, better yet, I’ll quit worrying when I see color samples.

Anyway, while, I should probably get on actuallly watching Victory sometime tonight, I remembered I should mention something that struck me as odd on the blurb for D-Zef:

“Nihilism is his middle name, dealing out destruction with his giant blade!”​

Without spoiling too much...

Galvatron, Zarak and Devil-Z are cackling baddies that do maniacally dumb things so as to causes their troops to question their orders and loyalties, frequently.

But, I haven’t seen a lick of Nihilism in Dethsaurus in either IDW or G1.

In IDW, Deza’s a flanneur of a Decepticon but he cares about his crew evading the DJD and thriving while doing so, as much as he cares about doing so for himself.

In Victory, he’s a cackling baddy sometimes but he also has a proudful grudge and rivalry with Star Saber. Though, that leads Deza to make some impulsive errors in fighting Star Saber without aid from Leokaizer, for instance.

But, Deza has a definite aim besides “Star Saber’s a meany:” resurrect my castle!

And, by castle, Deathsaurus means his giant Destron Battle Fortress that Star Saber sealed away in a Dark Nebula, because that’s how Stan Lee and Jack Kirby told me astrophysics works... :p 

I’m also not sure of this just yet, but I have a vague memory, which may be a misremembering, that there’s some sort of twist at the end that Deathsaurus was actually saving a bunch of Transformers that Star Sabre flippantly consigned to death, long ago.

Still, is it a big deal? No. Not really.

Oh, one more thing, I should’ve added this last night, but...

521A39B6-251B-48A5-AEBE-D4FCABAED807.png F3086629-E662-400E-8B0A-828BD0F90C0B.png

• Like Like x 4
  2. liquidroyl

liquidroyl Well-Known Member

fml I prefer the IDW head but Continuum everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dezefticon

Dezefticon Photographer/Planet Steel Express Collaborator

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    nihilism
    ˈnʌɪ(h)ɪlɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    1. the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless.
    I would say denouncing Megatron's philosophy definitely fits the bill.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GrimLocke

I think Nihilism hinges more on the “life is meaningless” part, where as the former clause is being contrarian or iconoclastic or transgressive.

I also don’t get a sense of defeatism and wanton disregard from Deathsaurus in either continuity. In IDW, I’d even say he’s a Situationist, and perhaps his War World is a Temporary Autonomist Zone.

But, even though I’m a “Harvest for the World” and “Fight the Power” kind of fella, much respect, so let’s spin it—

• Like Like x 5
  5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Ab Crunches are now part of my favorite things now,I just wish every figure had that.I mean shouldn't that be standard on all of them (in MP Style I mean,not CHUG types).Ironically the figure that best represents that is one of the first two Transformers we seen on TV (I'm talking about Jazz) and by extention I mean MakeToys Downbeat,that figure has a Monster Ab Crunch,and anything else just falls short,but there are some that come close but not quite.I just hope D-Zef can be a contender with Downbeat.

• Like Like x 2
  6. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

The twist came from the manga:
    Deathsaurus (Victory) - Transformers Wiki

Bigger twist is that he has a wife. Makes you wonder what kind of husband he is when there's no war going on.
    Esmeral (Victory) - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 4
  7. erika3

erika3 Active Member

Haaappy with the G1 version and
    I was going to buy it
    but....
    upload_2018-10-10_16-13-55.png
    the scale
    It's a shame

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Reformatted is not MP.

• Like Like x 10
  9. dedlight

dedlight Active Member

preordered both! Gonna set up a Lego City for my TF Kaiju Battle! Only thing that scares me is....Paying for an asterisk version of this thing lol

• Like Like x 5
  10. erika3

erika3 Active Member

I did not know that all the reformatted figures kept a scale
    Fortunately, we still have x-transbot or fanshobby to complete the MPs

• Like Like x 1
  11. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I thought Deathsaurus in cartoons should be same size as Star Saber.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. dedlight

dedlight Active Member

Glad I skipped that Star Saber, seems like its only good for keeping people from enjoying a couple of bad ass bots! Honestly never understood the cartoon scale thing. I follow my own shelf scale, but hey to each his own. Hopefully somebody makes some version of this that pleases you scale buffs out there. I give mine a few extra plays for you!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    People just seem to never remember this,lol

• Like Like x 3
  14. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And now I am getting little confused and hope this is not fully offtopic.

I prefer IDW look, so not-Continuum version is right for me. To fit with Carnifex, Kultur, Cynicus and Anarchus.

And my issue is Hexatron. I thought the Continuum version is IDW, because of shape of head is in Spotlight.

But I always not so sure about Hexatron and if he is really part of IDW. I do not remember him in MtMtE.

So could someone tell me what is about Hexatron?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Sixshot was in IDW, he has a spotlight issue, but his design is not the same as Hexatron.

• Like Like x 2
  16. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Also, Hexatron was designed in the early days of Reformatted, before it had evolved into a very IDW-centric line.

His designer was really into working in tons of ridges to add the impression of detail at the time, too.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TCP has end of 4th qtr 2019 for the G1 version? Eegads, man.

If the IDW one has both Breastmasters, I'll consider that one. This is for my CHUG display and I don't need it slavishly G1 toon like I do my MPs...

• Like Like x 1
  18. GrimLocke

If anyone adamantly doubts—with their heart, soul, and bank account—that MMC is drafting a Star Saber and, probably, a Victory Leo, then would you please start setting aside funds for Two MMC Star Sabers & Victory Leos?

Please and thank you to my Super Secret Syber Santa Claus, or Clausette! :p 

Oh, damn, I’m vaguely aware of Lyzack, but I may have forgotten about Esmeral, if I even knew of her in the first place.

But, I think it’s a safe guess that she was named after Leiji Matsumoto’s Queen Emeraldas, a part of the Galaxy Express 999 & Captain Harlock storylines.

And, now, of course I’m wondering even more about MMC doing a Psycho Geno Saurer remold that turns into a Femmsaurus. Granted, Esmeral still has wings so that doesn’t really fit the bill, even if the PsySaurer was piloted by a villainess in Zoids: Chaotic Century. Conversely, Shattered Glass Esmeral also has Red Geist’s paint deco, which could cover a lot more ground... even if that probably wouldn’t be what Yuusha Da Garn fans would hope for.

Most of all, thanks for the research! :buttrock 

Hexa’ Continuum looks like it has a more G1 toy centric paint job with painted chest wings, a different head, and other bits of paint here and there.

So, I’m thinking Continuum doesn’t mean IDW, but that it might just mean slight retool, or maybe even G1. Still, someone who really knows will chime in, eventually... hopefully... :p 

• Like Like x 1
  19. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Continuum means G1-esque or Toy-esque look.

• Like Like x 1
  20. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    i think they look great... except for star sabre. he looks like a plain jane while the others looked suped up.
    they probably are the same size but technically mmc hasnt said the victory (or whatever) version isnt larger....

• Like Like x 1