MMC R-29 Aero Alpha (IDW Wing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Javier, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

You mean the ones Sarah Stone did? All the bots she draws are pretty sleek in general - but yeah - I like the more handsome/sleek/pretty boy look myself. I'm sure MMC won't dissapoint.

2. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry, I know it's been answered but I don't see it on the first post. These will be voyagers, right?

3. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They are roughly Voyager sized, yes.

4. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    mhm. Typical mmc figure size these days ranges between 16 and 20 centimeters.

5. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome, that's perfect. Thanks guys!

6. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Sarah's Blurr or GTFO is my opinion.

Cause yeah we have zero plans to use Wing or Drift for him right now and I sure hope that doesn't change. I don't want to see a repeat of classics Blurr. Granted our Drift figure is way way better but it would still be the most boring bland way possible to approach a Blurr design. And Sarah did such a wonderfully new (and very character appropriate) thing with him. Loooove her take on him. But her version would require an entirely new mold.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Not a character I care about in the least, but I was interested because I liked the look of the altmode. Now that that's changed, definitely no longer interested I'm afraid.

Maybe if it indeed gets a Blurr remould, but then I don't really care about Blurr either :D 

8. Megatron118

Megatron118 I <3 Linkin Park

Think you can convince the boss to do a dedicated Sarah Stone Blurr figure?? :D 

It really is a beautiful design and I think MMC would be the only ones to do it justice. GCreation could do it too, but they have enough figures on their roster right now

• Like Like x 1
  9. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Wouldn't require any convincing really I would think. Blurr is a well known well beloved character and we've had lots of rather meh attempts at him over the last few years so someone finally doing something actually interesting and cool with him I would think would be quite well received.

That said toys don't pop out of thin air and all our designers are constantly working so it'd be yet another thing on the infinite list of things to eventually work on lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Hrrrm, more of a skip the more I look at it. The robot mode is nice, but the alt mode is... too meh. Sort of funny that the final design of a guy called Wings doesn't actually feature wings. More like fins.

Maybe it'll look better as Drift.

Yeah, sort of how I am feeling the more I look at the alt mode

11. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I think I'm in the minority here when i say I actually really like the new alt and prefer it to the renders.

The rendered alt mode felt a bit too... stodgy? Too many straight lines for what it is.

I'm into this despite not having a great recollection of the series from whence the character sprung.

Do we have an ETA?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

Hmm I think I like the new jet better. The old render does have a nice retro flavor to it.
    This new one is more modern I guess (but still retro with the speed racer vibe, retro-modern? Is that a thing?)

Seems like the same thing they did before with Tarn (maybe others). Re-do the design (due to internal/external outcry) to imitate source material better.
    I'm guessing there's a huge backlog of designs they're trying to put out, and as we see them now, they seem dated. Because they are (Cyclonus, old Tarn, Stormbringer Whirl, etc).

13. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    You're not in the minority at all I would say. ETA won't be known until we get closer to release but I would assume given how far along Wing is he'll make this year at the very least.

Yeah pretty much except in this instance way way more money was spent on the old designs and essentially set ablaze once it was decided to not use them. :lol 

And yes MMC has been culling / highly modifying a lot of lesser/cruder designs in the last 6-8 months or so. As people get more and more picky of this or that the boss is having everyone be more and more particular about what gets green lit and how it is approached.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  14. aurance

aurance Well-Known Member

Not just you, I absolutely love the new alt mode. I thought the rendered one was meh.

15. CaptainMarkVell

CaptainMarkVell Infernus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both versions of the alt mode are pretty cool to me, it's definitely the robot mode that got the attention it needed. Thought the render was pretty generic feeling for both Alpha and Beta. Looking forward to seeing Drift next.

16. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

I'm not a big fan of the new 'space car' aesthetic. It was kind of funny on the Arms Micron Vehicons, and I cold tolerate the vagueness of whatever the Azalea, et al turned into for the novelty of the characters expressed, but unfortunately Wing just doesn't have enough personality to anchor me to a vaguely vehicle-like alt-mode.

The original rendering looked like some sort of sleek space opera spaceship, reminiscent of the styles used in Star Wars, Buck Rogers, etc, but the new one just doesn't evoke any particular style that hooks me. It is vaguely similar to the aesthetic used in the WfC videogame characters, but those didn't really appeal to me either. There is definitely a WfC crowd though, so I assume this is geared more towards their tastes than mine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. godotislate

godotislate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This has been my exact thought: for a design based on a guy named Wing, it doesn't really have much in the way of wings. It actually harkens back to the Reformatted tradition of winged vehicles not having very substantial wings (Hexatron, Carnifex, Jaegertron).

On one hand, I do like that the legs have been cleaned up with the removal of the wing kibble. And now that the backpack seems to be reduced, that's a plus as well. But I think the engines on the shoulders are way too big, especially since they just hang out on the back of the jet. They don't even need to be that big to match IDW. And the sheaths are two giant pieces of plastic that house swords that are really small in comparison.

There's enough here now that I still like, so I'll get over it. Especially if they add more visible red to the alt mode. That it's currently almost all white is really boring.

Yes, the old one reminds me vaguely of an A-Wing, which is one of my favorites from Star Wars.

18. Chareos

Chareos Well-Known Member

Well said

19. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

I am seriously not sure what the shit non-comic/IDW fans are expecting and are upset over.

Go be upset in the MP threads that they're to close to the source material or something.

They made compromises so the bot mode would resemble more what the comic character looks like.

I'm not trying to be rude but holy shite. It's like the past 2 pages full are full of disappointment.

Didn't all of you non-comic fans talk up how cool that piece of shit Cyclonus looks like? And then wonder why comic fans were complaining?

Same difference.

20. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

People are just trying to express their opinions, that's what the thread is for...people are just following the advice of your handle ;) . Remember, it's okay for people to have their opinions, life goes on. (No vehemence here)