MMC R-29 Aero Alpha (IDW Wing)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Javier, Jul 18, 2015.

1. CaptainMarkVell

CaptainMarkVell Infernus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woah that is super sleek. I always get super excited when MMC starts revealing new stuff.

I wonder what this might repaint into. I feel like it could translate well into a fembot design possibly? Maybe MMC's take on Windblade kind of in the vein of their Lockdown. I'm down with some random Camiens.

2. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    windblade_and_blurr_by_grungewerxshop-da1om3c.jpg Holy god you weren't kidding about how sleek that looks, I didn't think it was possible when I saw the robot mode. I'd be first in line to buy a Blurr remold of this if MMC made it happen.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remold will be IDW Drift? - prertty sure they share enough parts to be based off the same mould. And the characters are meant to look eerily similar in the comics.
    I'm sure MMC will also pull some other random re-paint out of their ar$e that will look pretty crap - because they can't seem to help themselves. Cue the inevitable "reformatted is not meant to be pure IDW, it's influenced by a lot of things" excuse to cover their dodgy re-mould decisions.
    But Wing and Drift look good!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Megatron118

Megatron118 I <3 Linkin Park

Can mods update the first page with the new robot and vehicle mode pictures?

5. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

@Starganderfish -

Agree and agree.

However, because of the huge potential this mold has; I will gladly buy remolds/repaints of it. It would be a first for me, but considering we are getting Drift from this mold, and probably a Deadlock, I am most definitely down for those.

If they could pull off a Sarah Stone Blurr out of this, I would get that also.

I am never touching their Lockdown mold(s) or their Whirl/Obsidian (or any kind of silly repaint of Tarn) though.

6. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    I'll be buying Wing and Drift from this mold because I like the characters and these look awesome. Deadlock is a ... maybe ... I guess? Will depend how he looks. Doubt I'd be in for a Blurr unless it looks really good.... though I suppose this might work for a IDW Blurr.
    I've ordered MMC's Whirl on a bit of a whim and not really sure I want to keep the order. I'd vastly prefer the real MTMTE Whirl than the Stormbringer wannabe but no-one seems interested in giving us that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    Okay, yeah, more of this please MMC. Deliciously accurate bot-mode and any aesthetic changes made only serve to make the figure look better (looking at you, alt-mode!). THIS is how it should be. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Ok, just saw the alt mode pic. It's nice. I actually prefer the fan art that @@l3x posted. I dig the way that art turns the round parts into aircraft like turbine/intakes. The MMC one is a little flat.
    But it' still cool and I'll be happy to get it. I imagine that will make a better Drift vehicle alt mode as the flatness is more appropriate there.

Also can definitely now see this as an IDW Blurr.

9. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

10. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I too wish this had maintained more elements of the "original" alt mode, which was deliciously Vic Viper-ish.

11. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. Thought that was a sure thing. Still looks great though.

12. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun TFW2005 Supporter

13. IoriYagami288

IoriYagami288 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    The trade paperback collection of the Drift miniseries fixed this by adding red highlights to his helmet so as to make him look less Drift-like.

14. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer the new alt mode. The original looked too much like an Earth style jet. The new version is definitely more spacecraft and looks like something Milne would draw.

I'm also agree that the Drift mold would probably (hopefully) make a great Blurr remold.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Not a bad jet mode. I sort of prefer the original one in the render.

16. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

Oooh that's one tidy lil space jet. I am really excited for this now.

17. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That alt mode is very nice, and a huge improvement over the original render. Count me in as a definite buyer for Wing.

I hope Drift turns out this well, and hopefully they do Deadlock too. If they can make a decent Blurr out of this mold I'd give it a shot too. Good job MMC!

• Like Like x 1
  18. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at the front of the Jet mode, i can definitely see this becoming a remold of idw Blurr. And i would squeal like a little girl if they did that (although a new mold is always better :) )
    53904_Page3ColorsLowResFinal_1_1216500123.jpg

19. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd prefer a sleeker Blurr like from the Windblade comics honestly otherwise I would have bought the SXS Blurr already

20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Waiting on more pics, and pricing, of both Wing and Blurr before making any decisions. I am hoping for some nice A-Stance poses of the two together, and alt mode together too.

On wing, looks ok on the alt mode, just the two side jet cones not sure how much i like it or not, and the black detail that looks like windows on each side. I guess i could always add white paint on them to see if it looks better that way or not. One thing though, i may have prefered the two side cones to be more cone shaped actually, instead of flat on the bottom (or maybe not, but that is the only part i am more hesitant about for alt mode)