MMC Physicus Tempest Steelian Scientist (Brainstorm)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by yoonakron, Aug 10, 2013.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Contrary to popular belief, NONE of the Technobots are actually scientists. :p 

But it does raise a question... if you can get a space jet and a drill tank out of this mold, can you also get a bike-tank and a futurecar? And does this design allow space for a combiner port?

zmog

2. Gauntlet101010

Gauntlet101010 Well-Known Member

For a while there I entertained the idea of getting MMC Perceptor and KFC's Magnificus. The logic being that MMC's looks a lot more convincing as a microscope while KFC's is a lot more convincing as a tank; it kinda suits each personality a bit while still deriving from the same source.

3. Vexwing

Vexwing You are being deceived.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Really? I thought they were in IDW continuity. They were part of Jetfire's science team in Stormbringer and they were involved in reverse engineering Pretender tech for the Autobots. Sure, Jetfire seemed like their de-facto leader, but they at least seemed like lab assistants.

I had similar logic but it didn't apply to their alt-modes; I wanted the former Decepticon general and pit fighter to be a big, bulky bruiser, so MMC had more appeal. The KFC version was going to be my Wreckers Perceptor until they fumbled the color scheme.

4. SMOG

Yeah, I guess I just lumped their "lab assistant" presence in IDW into that conventional laziness (in this case, very much on Furman's part) that naturally equates the Technobots with "SCIENCE!", even though none of them are scientists, by trade OR disposition, and their old Marvel bio even indicates that they are one of the FIRST combiners, and actually probably less advanced than the newer ones...

There is a certain logic to putting the Technobots at a scientific facility though... because outside of the immediacy of a combat role, Computron (easily the weakest and most fatally flawed combiner) could usefullly apply his exhaustive methodical problem-solving abilities to scientific queries... but if the installation needed security, he could separate into his component Technobots and have a combat team ready. I kind of like the role-reversal in the typical combiner dynamic that creates. :) 

zmog

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A couple years after Justitoys you mean.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That dovetails very neatly into my fan-theory for the Wreckers and Ruination. So Ruination not only looks like Xaaron, but kind of acts like him, being a respected advisor to Primes and Ancients and so forth. But then his components get let out to smash things when smashing needs doing...then, just try to convince those bastards to combine again...

7. Vexwing

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I actually really like that reversal too, it gives a purpose to Computron's crippling mental flaw. But I do agree, the original characterization of the original members was very far removed from scientists. Hell, Strafe would be one of the worst bots to have confined to a lab. But whether it was part of their original characterization or not, IDW has now granted legitimacy to that fan association, we can't really dispute that it's now been supported in canon.

Uh-huh, just like they are technically the first company to start work on a fully original 3rd party Predaking. I look forward to them completing the sixchangers some time in 2035.

8. Scaleface

News Credits:
    As of right now Justitoys have released the same number of not-Predacons as MMC, and Justitoys has released more Sixchangers ;-)

9. Vexwing

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Not true! Bovis is now out!

Justitoys has released WST Sixshot and a non-remolded repaint in Greatshot colors.

MMC has released Sixshot and a gray Sixshot . So technically they're tied. =P

*Edit* Oh crap, Justitoys had clear and black variants didn't they? Dang. You got me.

10. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Bovis is out? That is news to me. One point for MMC then!

I was worried War Lord would be finished before MMC got out started.

11. Hybrid Style

Hybrid Style AKA: TheFallen

News Credits:
    Hitting everyone's PoL/Stack today ;) 

12. SMOG

I can dispute it. Have you not seen my posts in the IDW threads? :lol 

zmog

13. MMC

MMC Mastermind Creations

News Credits:
    Everything will make sense when we reveal our WEIRD Scientists, Garybot and Wyattron.*

*Bra hats sold separately.

14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    :lol 

15. Che

Che Well-Known Member

From science to bra hats... I am completely lost now... :crazy:  :tongue: 
    Will the disclosure be made any time soon?

16. darkshot8

darkshot8 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks better than the toyworld on, but not better than the FP one.

17. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Ok, so that is 3 more releases -> forms, added to the pretty 3, and we get 6, for 6 alt modes!!!!

Or maybe one toy with alternate parts that can attach and make various character, all in one box?

18. Che

Che Well-Known Member

I bet the bra hats will be called Dazzling Glory Bra Hats and will cost $9.01 :D 

19. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Everything I see MMC teasing just makes me wonder where the hell their fembots are at.

Look, MMC, we love ya, but FOCUS will you? Get Feral Rex done, then some fembots, and THEN you can tease other stuff. Not before.

20. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Yeah, focus on one project at a time so we can have a 2-3 year delay between projects.

WTF?!?!

These things take time, and while you're waiting for the factory to deliver the finished product from one project, your production guy can be putting the finishing touches to another piece, while that is happening another guy can be tooling another project, the boss can be ordering rapid prototypes for a recent designed project and the CAD designer can be starting on a new project.

Focusing on one project at a time makes no sense. Even Pixar, who are huge, have different teams for different stages of development, and are generally working on a film 4/5 years ahead of time.