MMC Ocular Max Terraegis (Masterpiece Trailbreaker)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deaculpa, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

Wow, that's some bullshit. The official transformation vid and iamnofire's photos don't show that bad of a mismatch.

Sure, it's not a huge deal on an existential or cosmic level, but it's 90 of my dollars that could be going to something else. Match the fucking plastic, or at least give us an honest representation up front instead of having these copies floating around out there selling a product we won't actually be getting.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Holy fuck people it's one picture. it's just the lighting.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

Normally, I'd agree with that sentiment. But o1dpain1ess talked about it in his mini review as well, stating that it stands out in hand.

So it's not just one picture. It's one picture and hearsay. :D 

4. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It definitely depends on the light, but it's pretty apparent.

tb1.jpg tb3.jpg tb2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. jdbrewer

jdbrewer Well-Known Member

Call me Stubborn, (the Wife does it on a near daily basis), but I've been waiting long enough for this figure. If I have to Airbrush a Camper Shell, I'll Airbrush a Camper Shell.

• Like Like x 1
  6. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Not to mention that there are FOUR Trailbreaker choices (five if you count TT's inevitable cockblocker Trailbreaker) to choose from. Color mismatch to this degree doesn't have to be tolerated.

• Like Like x 5
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    MMC is turning into Hasbro with their cost cutting and mold usage. I think I am gonna wait for the yellow one. XTB or Takara for Trailbreaker.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I guess I can understand if that kills it for someone but it's just a whatever to me looks fine. I mean if it had some white trash red door and quarter panel.... wait, wait no I would like that too. Maybe a moonshine still in the camper.....

• Like Like x 2
  9. Initial_G

Initial_G Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I don't mind the back canopy as it's an addon as mentioned ... I do wish that the vertical part of the door frame at least matched the door and roof though. I know #firstworldproblems but it bugs the virgo in me

• Like Like x 1
  10. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Its not heresay, we can all see it in his pic! Tfw boards blowing up!

I am still in...but but maybe Jesslyn would like to give her side of story. It seems like a factory issue to me. The sample copies may have been painted better. I'm sure there is a good explanation.

11. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I organized a bunch of buyers to get the BadCube Speedbump for a reasonable price (link here) so haven't been following how old terragenesis has been doing.

Whats the word yo?

Good/bad? Bad paint match or something? I usually like the ocular max stuff but just liked how. Badcube really does wonders with mold reuse and so went the be route.

What do you guys think? Worth a double dip? As fantastical as sphinx?

Thank you for the feedback in advance!

12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, I also think the topper was added to the truck later so the paint doesn't have to 100% match. Besides, its not like I'll leave him in truck mode. He'll live his life 99.9% of the time in robot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  13. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:

check the previous page, I left some impressions :) 

I will say, he fits into the Ocular Max line seamlessly, just not as impressive as their previous efforts.

14. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I'm actually pretty impressed by some people's willingness to accept the mismatch. In general, there is an embarrassment of riches for TF fans leading to excessive scrutiny and lots of "the eye is 3% too big and the wrong shade of lavender" kind of comments. People being charitable regarding the camper is refreshing. That said, it bother me quite a bit:cool: 

15. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

Yeah this, it does make a big difference to me, since it means the color-mismatch is unintentional, if it's intentional the vertical door frame would be painted black as well

Not having faith in TT in nailing alt-mode details, so it's either MMC or FT now...

16. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

I haven't ruled this figure out as a purchase, but I'm not as enthused as I was before these current pictures appeared.
    BC isn't what I'm looking for and TT has gone far to "Toon". I was really looking forward to this release.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Your logic has no place here.

• Like Like x 3
  18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well there's two current choices to buy right now. One that has a ridiculously thick torso with legs and feet that look terrible that has connection points for its weapons that look like an afterthought and has the companies trademark nightmare transformation. But it's uniformly painted.

Then you have another that has far better proportions, easier transformation but has a camper shell that looks a different shade in certain lights/angles, of which you don't actually see in robot mode.

You pays your money, you makes you choice on the whole picture. Maybe waiting for Fanstoys or XTB (or Takara) is better for some. Personally this doesn't bother me much as I never display in alt mode. I'm all in for xtb version but this guy has piqued my interest too.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep that blows. Ordered MMC's shortly after announcement and didn't really follow the thread after that. If that is what this looks like I'm gonna be pissed. Not good enough from someone like MMC, especially for the price, in the MP line, with so many alternatives.
    This had better be a random error or prototype issue or MMC is gonna burn away a lot of the good will they've earned over the last few releases.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looked at a couple of video reviews and they all show the paint issue. Major fail for MMC.

This is just as bad as the paint mismatch issues on XTB Boost - and they copped a whole heap of grief for that.
    I get that some might not care, but for a supposedly top tier 3P like MMC to take such a shortcut/screwup should not be waved off with an "it's all good".
    We complain so that MMC know it's unacceptable and hopefully they do better. It's a slippery slope to just accept whatever crap gets pumped out - Takara MP saw some major quality drops over Hot Rod, Ironhide, not to mention the Seekers and Coneheads.
    MMC can and should do better

• Like Like x 4