MMC KULTUR - IDW Tarn

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bullettrain, Apr 19, 2015.

1. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I need to get some Kultur into my life.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nook

Nook Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    are there any additional differences between the runs?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tarn0016

Tarn0016 Active Member

No there are no difference between the runs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ukmets

Ukmets Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Does everyone who has this feel it's one of if not the best bot they have? I think I'm looking for reasons not to buy but it just looks so damn good.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    Mine's arriving Tuesday. :rock 

• Like Like x 1
  6. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Try it out, try it out man

As an action figure, it's one of the best Transformers figures I own. By that, I mean he's incredibly poseable and an extremely good representation of the character. Think of a pose you want this figure in, and he can probably do it. The best transformer I own? Eh, no, he's great but he's not quite up there for me personally. I'd say his vehicle mode is a little dull, he's a little expensive for what you get (Fans Hobby Archenemy is twice his size and nearly triple his weight for the same price) and he is an extremely bare-bones release with only his mask, two guns, and the little missiles in his feet as accessories. That said, I think his character in the comics is incredibly stupid and yet I still find myself playing with him more often than a lot of other favorites. The character design is badass as hell though, and this toy captures it perfectly. It's a great toy and if you like what you see, you'll like him. I'd give him like, an 8.5/10, maybe even a 9. The best from MMC is Carnifex, hands down. If I hadn't gotten Carnifex before I got him, I'd probably grade him higher...that toy will spoil you.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TotalMackerel

TotalMackerel Well-Known Member

I actually got this figure without knowing the character because I loved the way it looks. I'm only now getting into reading the comics. It's a really great looking piece and transformation is fun and simple. My only complaint is that the arm cannon gets in the way of bending the elbow. No regrets though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

Same here. I am also collecting MMC IDW line without even reading a page of the comics. This toy line is so awesome and it is proved that a toy can be great even without any diecast. Tarn is arguably the best of the line and the only negative is where you point out, the arm cannon but everything else is fantastic, love him to death.

• Like Like x 2
  9. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Dunno about the best, but yeah, if you are on the fence with this guy, I enjoyed him quite a bit. Perfect look, easy transformation, sturdy...

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only real complaint with him is his hollow-looking eye sockets (with mask). I just affixed some red foil wrapping paper behind his mask and called it good. Catches light like crazy now.

Still would like an upgrade kit somewhere down the line for these IDW figures, like a more accurate face/mask (and maybe hands) for Tarn, some of the missing armour panels (maybe enabling a proper tank mode) and an accurate fusion cannon for Megatron, etc.

• Like Like x 2