MMC Hexatron Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Kuma Style, Feb 16, 2013.

1. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Hexatron is gorgous! Wish he didn't have to come out around the same time as Metroplex, but I definitely plan on adding Hexatron to my ranks.

2. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Too late I bought him....can't wait

3. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I was invited by Planet Steel to review Hex for their website, so I wrote this for them:

Terminus Hexatron is a stunning marvel of design and engineering, one of the greatest figures I have purchased to date and a testament to the level of quality and value I now come to expect from the best Transformers available.

While he may technically feature only six modes, several others can be accomplished using little more than you’re own imagination. By far this is his his biggest feature; the sheer number of ways you can configure and display him is astounding , especially given he also comes with an assortment of weapons, my favorite of which are his two impressive swords. He is highly posable, very well made and has so much heft and weight to him you’d swear he was made of dyecast metal.

The fact he scales perfectly with official Masterpiece Transformers and has a near-perfect balance of homaging his G1 original self while also having all the expected updates to his design to keep him modern, makes Hexatron visually striking and yet comfortably familiar to any die-hard Transformer fan.

I cannot recommend this figure enough, he is worthy of being amongst any collection, big or small.

Posted a tonne of pics in the main thread and on my Flickr gallery if anyone wishes to see them.

It's currently pending for approval, but safe to say my opinion of Hex is unabashedly 100% true. Gosh what an awesome thing this guy is.

4. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

I don't buy a lot of 3rd party toys, but I got a bonus at work so I decided to treat myself to a Terminus Hexatron. Big ups to Daelite for getting him to me so quickly - anyone living in SoCal should start ordering from Acestoystore if you like getting your loot the day after you order it.

Hexatron is, in my opinion, an absolute game changer for third party toys. Big, heavy, precise and tough - full of details and surprises, yet excitingly robust and playable. I love the detail work of MMC but sometimes their other toys can be delicate - I feel like I can't play much with my Screecher for example. Hexatron is not like that at all. I'd give him to a child to play with. That's right, I said it, a child. Well, an older responsible child anyway.

There's so much to like about Hexatron that I almost feel like he's a bargain at his current price. For the size, heft, transformation quality and fun built into this guy, I finally feel like I'm getting a great deal when I buy a third party transforming toy.

There are plenty of great pictures here already (thanks to TJ and others) that I'll just add my opinions and observations.

1. Nothing really seems off about the transformations - everything on mine seems nice and tight, it transitions decently between modes, and if you pay attention to the waist assembly, the guns, swords and sheaths all have places to go in every mode.

2. I love all the details on this guy. The clever landing gear for fighter mode, the hexagonal gun barrels, the little locking pegs everywhere that keeps him feeling solid in most of the modes. The little fold-out thrusters in the back claws. The six shurikens. The articulated fingers as well as the usable weapon-holding ridges in the hands. All of those push a very very good toy into something more than that.

3. There are very few 'danger' points on Hexatron - as much as I like most of my third party toys, I have to consider their cost when I play with them, which means most of them are display pieces, not transforming pieces. Hexatron feels very solid - there are maybe one or two parts that you need to have a bit of caution with, but nearly everything on this guy feels like it's been built to be handled.

4. Great packaging and instructions. A fun comic (showing Hexatron's origin as a berzerker - gladiator type) and instructions that show key points, like what parts lock in each step, and insets showing additional detail like the shurikens. Big box with a magnet flap front. A good showpiece.

Tim
    "toy geek"

5. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Worth every single goddamn penny. This is a true masterpiece. It was well worth the wait.

6. Pandagfx

Pandagfx Well-Known Member

I just got Hexatron yesterday. Wow, it's just like a Masterpiece Transformer!
    Looking forward to MMC's Feral Rex :) 

Packaging was superb, a notch better than Takara.
    A standard box to protect Hexatron's box.
    Hexatron's box has a flip-out cover with magnets.
    Then an inner-fold box/backing.
    Then the plastic tray, with lid, no twist ties.

Open the flip-out cover to show the contents.
    I wish Hasbro's Masterpiece Soundwave's box was like this.

Instruction manual/comic looks & feels like high quality paper.
    It has a nice finish, color pages!
    Manual doesn't look like a cheap after-thought.
    Comic was a nice touch (and I normally don't care about those).

Hexatron's card was printed on thick cardstock.

Onto the Hexatron himself.

I like it! Doesn't feel too fragile.
    Doesn't feel like a knock-off Transformer.
    Painted-parts are clean.
    Rachets, rachets, rachets - clickety click
    Love the swords and sheath (I never saw Japanese Headmasters, so the ninja-bot aspect never resonated with me)
    Ridges on the legs don't bother me as much, especially when he's magnificently posed.
    My only small "issue" is the thighs, I feel like it will split open if I keep turning them around the knees.
    Also, the waist seems stiff, can it turn 360 degrees?

Haven't got around to transforming from robot mode to the other modes yet.
    I'll save that for another day when I reorganize my collection.
    Didn't take any photos yet, need to build a light table for my figures.

Side question: What kind of plastic is used for most of the body?
    It feels harder, sharper, like precision-plastic???
    The feet are definitely softer type.
    As comparison, Masterpiece Alert feels like softer plastic - the usual "toy plastic".

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The only things I don't like are the chest wings. They feel brittle and at risk to snap. I would've preferred a more solid plastic for those pieces, but that might just be me. Other than that, I'm happy with my purchase. This is my first MMC figure and it most likely won't be my last.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not woooorthy...

I already did the Wingwolf and then puzzled out a "space transport" kinda mode. :D 

I'm glad they kept some of the pink lines in the end, it really enhances what would otherwise be big chunks of purple. Hoping Reprolabels spruces the piece up even more.

I'm so not worthy. This toy is good enough to abolish all your household sins.

9. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got this guy. Overall, I am very pleased. It's solid and hefty. I have not transformed it yet , but I have been able to subject it to dynamic poses without any problems, and the joints have just the right amount of tightness, from what I can tell so far.

I have two minor complaints, though. First, I don't like the kind of plastic used. It still feels solid, but seems a couple of notches below the kind used for KM Stormer, my only other MMC item, and closer to the plastic used on Apex and Geminus. Second, the build quality is not perfect, I mean, in the sense that the build quality of KM Stormer is perfect (it really is, if you don't have a version of that mold, do yourself a favor and get one). There are quite a number of mold flashes and the finish on the purple parts are rife with scratches and other imperfections.

Despite these flaws, I still think that Hexatron is well worth its price. I'm still excited for MMC's future releases, but I hope that the company tries to reclaim the high standard of quality that it has set with its KM Airborne Squad figures.

TL;DR

If MMC KM Stormer (and other Airborne Squad figures, I presume) are of PREMIUM quality, unfortunately Hexatron is not. It's still a very solid figure and well worth the price, though.

10. Cyberglyph

Cyberglyph I am the Nightshade

News Credits:
    Does anyone have a shot of Hexatron and MP Soundwave together?

11. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love this guy a lot! However im probably going to add paint apps to him to make him look like he does in that first picture in TJ's first post. Just love the way that version looks.

12. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I have a floppy panel on the inside of the upper thighs (the parts that make the grill in APC mode). They are attached via pins. Any idea of how I could tighten that up? Don't want to try to exchange it over one slight annoyance.

13. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    I just noticed the right wolf foot middle toe has barely any paint and the other middle toe is a different silver. Now that I have seen it, it's glaringly obvious in these pics. Anyone else run into this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone know a good match to the silver on the claws?

14. xMostWanted559x

Look closely at those hinges. Mine ended up having a stress mark. I think when they made the hinge the pin was too big so when they pushed the pin thru it caused stress marks.

15. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the same problem. Will it help to use the blow dryer/heat gun method?

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    So I got the figure and I'm completely blown away by it. This more than a toy, it's art.

Some of my favorite pictures taken:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I bet it will but the one time I tried to do it myself ended in disaster. So I am going to leave that to some local pros later this weekend.

18. xMostWanted559x

Mmc told me to do that. If we don't it won't get worse?

19. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    He's got a ton of great modes, but nothing for underwater? How about a cybertronian sub?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just noticed that my Hex has stress marks on the grill on his thigh as well. Only on the left one though. It's noticeably floppier than the right one. Kind of disappointing. Guess I just gotta be careful with him on that part.