MMC Trux (IDW Grimlock)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by maxenoughcolt, Sep 23, 2017.

1. fafireguy

fafireguy Leader

I believe Maximum Dinobots was during AHM, but besides the point, that was the last time we saw them all together.

2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahahaha! That thing looks ridiculous! I especially like the head that's smaller than his neck. Easiest pass ever.

3. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Wowowowow! That thing looks amazing! I especially like the proportions in dino mode! Easiest preorder ever!

• Like Like x 6
  4. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

That huge ass in dino mode looks so off. I think positioning the legs further back will help that look, but i don't think it will be enough. A lot of other parts look great though. This is something I need to see in hand and reviews before i can make a call, but so far the robot mode seems kinda dull. Maybe it's just me and I'm Grimlocked out.
    Also, looking at the dino mode face, it just looks like it's smiling kinda derpily, which seems to undermine the ferocity in the rest of the face. I guess that works if you like a good-times Grimlock kinda like from RID.

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay, another Grimlock, because we sure have not enough of him! [/sarcasm] The trex head is nice, but the tail looks atrocious - since it is the robot legs and the tail as extra, it is just too long.

6. grimtnt

grimtnt Armada is older now than G1 was in 2002

News Credits:
    Kinda reminds me of the 1998 godzilla

• Like Like x 1
  7. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would have really liked a MTMTE Whirl from MMC, but we didn't get that. Would have really liked an accurate MTMTE Grimlock from MMC, but we're not getting that either.

I'm not sure how they can make such accurate nice toys (DJD), and then drop the ball so hard on other characters (Cyclonus, Hot Rod, Whirl). This has to be the most bipolar third party company of all

8. Speedjolt

Speedjolt Omnicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MMC is my favorite 3p and this is still an easy pass for me. Make something new like you usually do, dudes. I cannot WAIT for Thunderclash and Wing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Hey, the more Scavengers the better! I do hope he has an articulated tongue though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    IDW Grimlock has quite a long tail. Anyway, I get it. He transforms in the classic style, so they need the legs to form the back half, but they want both some tail articulation and to streamline it as much as possible, not just have a chunk. Vulcun could get away with it cause he didn't need to have the back wings. Compromise, elongate the tail a bit.

I'm a palaeontologist and we know exactly how a T. rex carried itself. Like...it's not opinion or guess work. Bones can only go together one way, and when they do you get...that. When they did the old displays, they either had to leave huge gaps between the bones to get the displays to look how they assumed things went together or had to physically break the legs and tails. There's no real debate on how the skeleton came together, there's discussion about the soft tissue since we've very little of that preserved (feathers, fat etc.). But there's 0 debate on how a rex carried itself.

I love the IDW Dinobot designs so this has me all kinds of excited. The only thing that doesn't quite work for me is the rex head. See what they're going for, but in comic Grimlock has a much larger head, that's on a thicker neck, and the top of the head isn't quite inline with the top of the neck. Think they'd have been better going with a similar system as Vulcan, solid neck, head on a series of hinges. But regardless yeah, I desire this. Love if they did the others, but they won't and I want this. So nice after the billion MP each one looks exactly the same as the next dinobots we got. If you want a voyager scaled 80s, Grimlock one's coming out. It looks bizarre on a modern toyshelf but its coming out.

also, super bet that rex mode needs a stand, unless its center of gravity is in the tail.

Double also

Indominus? Surely Rexy would have been more appropriate :D 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not for me. No interest in the character outside if the G1 figure, WST and Grinder products I have already. With Hasbro releasing yet another big G next year, I think I'm about done with dinos for the time being.

C'mon MMC, give people the Nautica we deserve, not a Grimlock we don't need :) 

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  12. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transmetal Megatron please. One that doesn\'t fall apart

• Like Like x 1
  13. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah gotta say that whole "it's a mix of influences" excuse is wearing really thin. You can see how they go full IDW on some figures and then completely half-arse it on others. It all comes down to how well they can remould it into another figure, nothing more. Calidus was a mediocre Rodimus and Boreas was an atrocious Cyclonus, all because of the desire to force repaints/remoulds. Whirl is another perfect example. Too hard to make an MTMTE Whirl with remould potential, so do it halfway with a pseudo Stormbringer version.
    And then you look at the DJD and even Megatron and it's like a totally different IDW focussed line. Fortunately Grimlock seems to fit in reasonably well so this will be a lot closer than others. May not be perfect but will be close enough for me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Saito Satoru

Saito Satoru smile

News Credits:
    Hoping someone OS the PotP Dinobots so I could get this and the others as well.

Or get this to stand with my lone TR Krok.

• Like Like x 1
  15. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for telling me what I wanted or not

• Like Like x 1
  16. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not sure if you guys remember, but MMC has a backlog of designs from an old designer. This is the older stuff that gets updated to the best of their ability.

Would you spend money on designs and never use them? I wouldn't.

Then you have the new designs by the new designer, like the DJD.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pardon me for expressing an opinion. Maybe if I'd said "nobody wants this" your comment might make sense instead of being needlessly aggressive and sarcastic.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  18. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are you sure you're using that term right? And to clarify, this "news" was leaked...

Urban Dictionary: Snowflake

• Like Like x 1
  19. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kinda used differently in the UK. Edited for context, thanks for the UD definition.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zawicki

Zawicki Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight

News Credits:
    Hey guys, we get it, there are too many Grimlocks. Just like we have a lot of Optimus Primes, Megatrons, stunticons, combaticons, do you see where I'm going? It's almost like he's a popular character. While we do have a few Grimlocks we still don't have anything near a comic style Grimlock. I own Severo too, that figure is CRAP. I want to like it so much but with cost-cutting and pieces that don't lock into place I never will. You want to talk about a figure that took too many design cues from different sources? Severo.

I'm definitely biased, Grimlock is my favorite character and I've been wanted MMC to announce a version of him since I got Feral Rex. I just dont see the issue, no one is making anyone get this and MMC is still going to make more characters.

• Like Like x 7