MMC Dicamus (IDW Roadbuster)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Sep 8, 2014.

1. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Legend scale would prevent him from having the engineering and features that were desired for the design. That said I do believe he's going to be very short for a deluxe just not as tiny as say a lot of IF's stuff.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Zethrofax

Zethrofax Well-Known Member

or just wait for an MMC Ironfist? I wouldn't be surprised if they get to the whole team.

3. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I have no need for an oversized Ironfist, nor the desire to buy a different version of a character that already has a great representation.

Spartan already scales great with Gauntlet, no reason why they shouldn't make Guzzle that scales as well.

Also, Scout is not the same size as Legends. Legends (even the newer ones) are still at least 20% smaller than even the smallest Scouts.

4. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    That Guzzle would be permanently displayed while being torn apart by Overlord, so the size ultimately won't bother me :lol 

5. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well we don't even have a physical prototype to show yet so we'll see how he progresses. We may be able to scale him down a tad if the initial proto isn't a size that most people like relative to other mmc releases and whatnot.

But I think as a short deluxe he'll be just fine next to spartan and so on. He's a meaty little thing too, chunkiest mini bot I ever did see lol.

• Like Like x 3
  6. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    I think that griffith76 said years ago that MMC doesn't really want to do figures smaller than Deluxe because the smaller sizes prevent them from putting in the kind of joints they want to use.

7. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish that the figures made in CHUG/IDW style would scale together between companies. The biggest advantage to Masterpiece is that all of these companies are making figures that go together. I would love to sell my entire MP collection and go with just with MMC, Maketoys, Fansproject, GT, and some Hastak but I feel like I can't do that since the scale is all over the place. I don't want to wait 5 years for MMC to make their version of Prowl, Jazz, Bumblebee, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I don't see what they can't make figures like Maketoys Manga series which are almost perfect representations of IDW figures ("almost" because Maketoys' Swerve grin always creeps me out).

And is not like their Deluxe figures are much better for having more joints, in fact they're their weakest efforts overall.

9. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Since Reformatted is a line of Cybertronian alt modes, I don't know that we'll ever see those guys in it, unless MMC makes the alt modes up.

Shrug. It's what their head design/engineer (or some other company rep) said a long time ago, basically explaining why basically all the Reformatted figures are Deluxe+. Things could've changed.

OTOH, the MMC Guzzle tank design was pretty cool, and personally I'd like to see them keep it from being too small, especially since I don't have the fine motor skills of a child to transform small parts anymore. :) 

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm fine with Guzzle being a small Deluxe like RTS Bumblebee.

That being said, I wish Mech Ideas would reissue their Iron Fist.

11. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I'd buy another one if they redesigned the legs. I went through three of them with the legs snapping off on all of them - including a set of 'replacement legs' that Mech Ideas sent to retailers to fix the issue (surprise, they were the same shitty legs!). I usually don't give a toy that many chances but I loved the thing so much otherwise. :( 

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ouch.

A reissue with fixes then.

13. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Consiidering that Hasbro couldn't even manage that, it might be asking too much from different, competing companies.

That said, things like Generation Toy now going for MP sized IDW Optimus and Megatron when most of the 3P IDW stuff (MMC, Maketoys) is already voyager based, seems the wrong decision.

14. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    • Like Like x 13
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    They do more or less scale with one another.

If you're speaking of (the mostly) shitty CW/TR figures ... then no, they don't. They're either weirdly oversized (like the TR Soundwave) or they're all undersized like the crappy deluxes they keep putting out.

It's voyagers you're looking for. And there ARE a few gems that scale within perfectly fine limits with each other.

Official line:
    Generation Springer, Sandstorm, Brainstorm, Ultra Magnus (with 3P addon), Jetfire, etc.

3P:
    PE Warden with add-on, MMC's IDW stuff/reformatted line, TFC, etc.

Plenty of stuff that scales awesomely.

Highly recommend!

• Like Like x 1
  18. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely agree there are some Hasbro figures that look good with MMC and the various 3P CHUG figures that are currently out. I'm just concerned that we won't get some of the iconic characters in a decent scale since GT and GCreation decided to make their figures MP sized. It seems like they would have been better off to make them a little bit smaller so that they fit in with MMC, Maketoys, and Planet X. I think that all of those figures mixed together with Hastak would look goofy. I really just want the heavy hitters from the IDW comics and G1 in some kind of nice looking CHUG form that I can throw on a shelf and be done with. We are pretty close to that point with MP but we have no idea what the high end CHUG scene will look like in a couple years.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I think TFMs stuff scales fine with voyagers save for MM. They all look chugly/chugsterpice enough.

They definitely don't have that "MP fit/finish" like BC and FT's stuff does.

They're in mine :) 

20. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

Ordered Dicamus and Spartan from BBTS. Hope to have this in a week.