MMC cyclonus coming up?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by levyshahar, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, that's the pic I've been wanting!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Received mine this week.

My first experience with the mould. Comparing it with video's from the other two deco's, this absolutely looks like the most solid version. I can move his arms/shoulders without unlocking the shoulder connection (although a more solid lock could've been implemented) and in general is feels like a MMC Reformatted product, i.e. good quality. The glossy plastic isn't as bad as I feared, but the pink striping is. Such a shame that he looks much better on the art with the red striping, than the actual toy.

I do feel like his knees/legs are a bit weird. I can't help but feel he's constantly crouching, since they always look a bit bend. I also dislike the wings in jetmode. It seems like a nice idea to connext the smaller arm wings to the rest of the wings, but at first I couldn't even imagine how they should connect. It just didn't seem possible. Pushing (forcing) it in, it all worked, but I still dislike it. Think I would've preferred normal, more regular Cyclonus wings.

Is it the perfect Cyclonus? Definitely not. but for me it's close. I think most would want a more IDW based version, but that doesn't really interest me. I just want a good Cyclonus. The likely only other options will be MP based and those would be too large for my collection wants. I gave Boreas a targetmaster and he will be my Decepticon targetmaster leader.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Isa0

Isa0 Well-Known Member

Looks like I got unlucky because my shoulders are exactly like Jaegertron :( .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Y'know, wrist swivels and making him slightly bigger would've made that Galvatron nearly perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Nope, completely different aesthetic than UT Mania King, they really don't go together.

Waiting on an actual decent voyager Cyclonus.

6. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a pretty good Galvatron but starting to show it's age. I would love for MMC to do an updated version.

7. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Dunno if this has been discussed much but can anyone let me know how the heck you swap the horns between the heads? Even removing the screws at the back doesn't seem to allow the heads to come apart at all and the horns won't simply pull out so I'm completely stumped. No idea what peaugh did to make it work for him.

Also hey tolerances overall are definitely better than Jae's but my Boreas still has the same weird issue with the left torso piece my Jae did where it doesn't firmly sit in place and so its very easy for the left shoulder to be bumped out of its transformed position which is a huge bummer.

8. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    Paik removed the horn itself and swapped it out. Peaugh, however, shaved the back off one of the heads to make the faces able to be swapped back and forth.

9. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

Cyclonus's face makes me think "there are no strings on me..."

10. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The horn appears to be glued in, so like how did he get it out without destroying it or the head around it >_>

11. Zawicki

Zawicki Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight

News Credits:
    I believe he just kept moving and twisting it slowly till it gave out.

12. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    I think Mattymo post how he did it on the previous page.

14. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You just have to carefully move them until they come off the peg. You don't have to take apart the head if you don't want to, but the front and back parts of the head are very secure. Your best bet is to probably work a small spudger in at the bottom.

As I already mentioned, peaugh also swapped horns. You can tell by the different forehead sculpt on the two heads. He said you CAN shave a part of the head if you want to swap faces but you don't have to if you want to just swap the horns.

~Paik

• Like Like x 1
  15. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I like the Vehicle mode colors but the robot mode colors feel off to me. I'll get him eventually though. And Roadbuster, and whirl.

16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just watched BSF's review. This thing is exactly the crap I figured it would be, being based on Jaegertron's mold. Nice colors, but the actual figure/engineering... yuck.
    Btw, BSF did recommend it.

Some of the negatives I see:

-stupid Jaegertron mold with all its inherent issues
    -glossy plastic
    -weird knees that don't straighten completely
    -deformed head with almost no articulation
    -hip ratchets with wide spaces between each click

• Like Like x 1
  17. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hooray!

borface.jpg

Screwdriver certainly is required to get the front n back of the head apart, my goodness does it tightly hold together.

Thankfully even if you break the glue getting the horns out they seem to peg in tightly just fine but ah I'll probably reglue it anyway.

And yes I said similar things in my review, he's certainly a middling release indeed. Despite the increased build quality over jae he retains most of the same design flaws and would greatly have benefited form smarter engineering and better design overall. Neither the deco or the gloss finish bothers me really though, doesn't look anywhere near as bad in hand as I thought it might. IDW n matte finish would have been nicer but eh, that aint what we got in the end so whatever.

I honestly can't believe cassy made the head so flat however, that really does bother me (he did the same thing with seraph too urgh) and he put the neck joint under the jaw for some reason when their was plenty of space to avoid doing that, or even a double jointed neck would have solved that drawback as well.

I certainly wouldn't recommend Boreas unless you A; are completely fine with his looks and B: are completely fine with him being unusually simplistic in many respects by today's standards. He's not "bad" he's just kinda meh by mmc's usual higher output imo.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't understand if you just managed to swap the horns by twisting them from outside, or you split the two halves of the head and pushed the horns out from the inside.
    I'm going to swap horns on mine too, when it finally arrives here, but don't want to risk snapping something off.

EDIT: nice pics, by the way.

19. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh I just found it easier to get at the horns with the screwdriver while minimizing scraping the silver paint on them too once the head was separated.

You don't have to do it, it's just less risky.

20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Sorry bro, had to stop you right there... Colors are YUCK too, so pls DONOT give them even that complement!!!

Funny enough, i would have bought this had the colors been matte purple, even if engineering / actual figure sucked, and would potentially be disappointed with it once in hand, or at least not play too much with it and just use as display in a good pose (or maybe i would have enjoyed it), which might have worked, but, those colors, YUUUUCK!!! :p