MMC Calidus Asterisk (TFCon Exclusive)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by hardreturn, Jul 14, 2017.

1. LLSmoothJ

LLSmoothJ Well-Known Member

2. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    forget it, it's too late, i need it, and no blue wheels is gonna stop me.

3. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Oi, does anybody at a3&u or mmc know the price? I'm assuming it's the same as calidus.

4. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    forget it, it's too late, i need it, and no price limit is gonna stop me now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    iirc past exclusives have been within 10-15 dollars of the regular version's msrp.

6. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    I guess what I am getting is don't propose one [in hypothetical, no less] as a consolation to the other. It'd be different were they even remotely close to one another in style but they aren't and again, there's no reason to believe an MP-28[anything] will exist.

7. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I agree! $100 is too much but I'll pay it! This guy needs to go with my Rioter Despotron and the Igear Raptors

• Like Like x 1
  8. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welp. That settles it. Get this as current idw rodders and get sxs's as an alternative :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm contemplating the same. SXS as my main IDW Rodimus and this as an alternate deco. Just not sure I need two Rodimi' in my IDW collection.

10. gjcv1408

gjcv1408 Well-Known Member

Same as mp09b never came out.. Or mp10b .. you seems to know everything that will be released by takara..

11. OptimusNerd

OptimusNerd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair they were sold out for a looooong time, but PSX did a massive restock of a bunch of sold out items. They just didn't announce it.

12. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yah that's why it pays to check psx regularly. If any hard to find mmc stuff gets in stock anywhere again it'll usually be there.

Speaking of which Ast Cal should go up for sale on psx too, but I assume they'll tack on another 10 or 15 bucks or whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Well, you are clearly looking for an argument I don't care about. So let me be done with it:

MP-28[painted to resemble this figure] is not and will never be a substitute for this figure. G1 and IDW can exist together but they are no more the same than red is green. If, however, trying to cram that square peg [should it ever see release, although we've no reason to expect it] into your collection makes you happy, then sure, knock yourself out, champ. It is your collection, after all. And, by golly, you collect your own way. No one can stop you and no one should want to.

Just don't try to sell the idea to the masses like it's the obvious supplement to part of a healthy, IDW inspired collection. By a variation of your own logic, I won't even need bother with this figure or an MP-28 repaint as I already have MP-09's repaint.

Steering back to the main line, I was looking forward to this figure and hope PSX follows trend to eventually supply all that want it with a chance to purchase it with having to resort to supporting scalping. Unfortunately, though I've come to expect as much from MMC, all too often some of their best repairs do wind up being TFCon Exclusives.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  14. gjcv1408

gjcv1408 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to argue with you. all I said was if I don't get it..I'll just wait for mp-28b if it ever comes..but try to over analyze it with ur orange and apples and that it will never happen . I don't give a shit about ur comparison either.

Eventhough it's exclusive at tfcon itwill show up overpriced at bbts or ebay. Someone hopefully will eventually have to minimize their collection and sell it at retail or less..

15. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    Now THAT\'S a visible spoiler.

16. SleezyB

SleezyB Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong this deco looks good, but I'm surprised there hasn't been complaints that the dark purple isn't black like rodimus is in lost light.

17. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I don't follow the comics and for me this isn't even Rodimus. Wonder if any other people want this to repurpose

18. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is it silly of me to want to give this mold a giant blonde hair attachment and a green Z-saber?

19. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Deco wasn't exclusively based on the comic page art. We conceptualized how the dark grey would look and it didn't look as nice as dark blue like is the case on all the cover/insert art of him:

llcovers.png

• Like Like x 3
  20. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    I mentioned my surprise (and slight disappointment) about the blue wheels upthread, but I'd assumed they were made blue to blend in more, haha. I guess it's a goof or a difference of a opinion, then. :) 

Someone upthread also mentioned they'd like to have seen the tires translucent to look like "energy", and I agree a blue tinted stealth Sphinx tire treatment might've been interesting. I'm not second-guessing the color choices, just throwing out a what if. :)