MMC Airborne Squad Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daytimeninja, Sep 28, 2012.

1. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thought this would come in handy for discussion of Screecher, Stormer, and Warper with the releases coming up soon.

I personally can't wait to get mine!

2. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    i'm going to for sure grab screecher.

this is fast becoming one of my favourite toys. just amazing the detail and level of care put into it.

3. nobudius

nobudius Well-Known Member

Going to have to keep a REAL close eye on the upcoming reviews & pics. Keep'em coming please...

Was intending to hold out for maybe a MP Sunstorm, but these...look a gazillion times better than I thought. That mech thing in the legs? Crazy.

Was initially turned off by the look of it, but it's growing on me like a spurt. Looking like the Seekers meet Devilman...and it sort of works.

And friggin' posable to the dickens - with its huge wings, you'd expect it to topple over, but no.

4. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All 3 are must own figures IMO. Ive become a sucker for seekers. While the alt mode isnt my favorite of all time, the bot mode more than makes up for it. Cant wait to have these on my shelf with cyclops and km annihilator.

5. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was really pumped for Air Screech but have lost faith in MMC sadly. I contacted them about some replacement hip gear cuffs for my Cyclops and they claimed to have posted some out at the end of July. Whenever I enquire they just say I need to wait longer. Not that there's any reason to expect that Air Screech will have a problem, but if it does, I might be left with a very pricey borked figure.

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Psyched for these, shouldn't be long now.

7. daytimeninja

News Credits:
    I know some people who have just gotten their parts in the last week, so hold tight.

8. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly I've had to push these far down in my list of priorities. As great as they look, and as much as I like KM Commander and Cyclops, there's just too much else coming out that takes priority. Would love a HoS display, but space and money puts a limit to it.
    I'll probably go for other HoS characters though. Always feel like if I'm going to get one seeker, I need all three :tongue: 

9. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

getting all three---got the awakening one. nice. not concerned much about flimsy parts as most bots stay in bot mode on my shelves.

I will use this space now for some shameless begging partially unrelated to the HoS "Seekers:"

Want Prowl next.

Thank you

bucket

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    :useless 

so let's make it useful :p 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ordered all three at Captured Prey for that special rate. Look forward to adding these to my growing HoS collection.

The interesting news is that a member from the other HoS group (they had their own version of the Seekers and the Insectitrain) came to TFW asking who to do next because their Seeker project got scrapped because of MMC's version. If they do take our input (I asked for BB) we should be lucky enough to have the HoS line grow twice as fast :) 

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That seeker they were doing was pretty weak compared to MMC. Someone should get around to Ironhide and Ratchet, plus Wheeljack and Trailbreaker. Not sure how many HoS designs there actually are.

I think I'm probably leaning towards starscream now. Originally it was going to be Thundercracker, but the gold highlights really pick out the detail. Especially the colored pipes on the back.

12. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No offense but this is why I order from places like BBTS as they shipped out my replacement Cyclops elbow like 2 days after contacting them.

13. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    i would hate to see you miss this figure over problems with another figure. it's seriously cool. i can definitely understand the fear of getting bit twice but ordering from a reputable retailer may be a better way to go to ensure your covered.

honestly, i can get that. there is so much coming out this season. i'm just hard pressed to think of anything outside the masterpiece toys coming out that is as neat as this guy.

so…old pics+shill+talk of different product=useful?

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

That's a very accurate assessment of my post lol. And yes it equal useful. It got you talking.

15. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can't justify the garbage you post everytime by saying "it got you talking"

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I didn't know my fan club was meeting tonight.

17. daytimeninja

News Credits:
    Zing!

As long as MMC does HoS Megatron, which they hinted at in the Cyclops comic, I'll be fine.

18. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good thing your contribution to the topic was so much better, then.

If it had been any other character that looked this good, I would have gotten it. But with the seekers I can only have one without the other two if the one is Starscream, and unfortunately I find his general color scheme bland compared to the other two.
    So that's $300 I could spend on something else instead. If they had put it off until after new year I would probably have gone all in.

19. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Fair enough. I'm very glad I've never needed to be seeker complete. I will say I found screechers deco to be the most opulent of the three with the extra details in the air intakes and around the propeller picked out in gold :) 

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Is there a reason why the ovalized parts can come off on the wings? As if they could be replaced by something else...