MLP Classic Rereleases

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Fairlady_Z, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already and I hope this is even the right forum. But it deals with toys and toy spottings. For the first time at the TRU the other day and they just gave me the weirdest feeling. I guess with all the rereleases of TFs and G.I. Joes that it only makes sense MLP would follow. But being a girl and collecting nearly as many MLP as TFs as a kid it gave me pause.

Since growing up, I've trippled if not quadroupled my TF collection, but have only had the urge to collect maybe one or two new ponies. Let's face it, whereas TFs toy technology improved there are only so many poses you can put a plastic horse in even in 2007.

The desire to collect reissue TF toys from the 80s is an exiting endevor for those that didn't own them back in the day, but can the same be said of MLP? The answer for those of you who don't know the girls' collector market is a surprising yes! I know there are many MLP collectors out there, heck, I've even visited a few of the websites, but it's one thing to know it, it's another to see the toyline revived with new figures but when I see "collectors editions" of Blossom, Blue Bell, Snuzzle, Butterscotch, Cotton Candy and Minty. It makes me feel like someone walked over my grave or something to know that something I played with when I was six is now a reissue collectors item. It also makes me angry that they completely that they went through all that trouble yet completely got the wrong shade of purple for Blossom and Blue Bell's mane and tail.:tongue: 

So I guess what I'm saying is, TFs reissue make me feel happy whereas MLP reissues makes me feel old. Weird huh? It's like I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Do you think Jem and the Holograms will be planning a reunion tour next? Is the world ready for another round of Inhumanoids? More imporant, are YOU ready for another round?:wink:  Don't get me wrong, I think the revival on any line is great for the collectors, but sometimes I wonder where it will all end.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Any Reissues,i can get my hands off is good for me,I love my G1 Unners except Prime.

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, my girlfriend collects MLP, and she was really happy to get the reissues and is looking forward to the upcoming ones. She is generally let down by the way Hasbro hardly takes any chances with the MLP, having very little color variety and not having very interesting themes anymore (like sea ponys and whatnot).