ML Soundwave Reminisces....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SkyQuake, Dec 9, 2007.

1. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Soundwave (missing his old tape buddies) composes songs to each of them.... Actually, they're just MP3 screens made of re-usable static cling stickers (like you might get on your car wind shield from an oil change shop). Expensive? Yes, it cost me about $13 a sheet, and this is with me doing the "design" work. While the MP3 screens are of my design and print ordering, all other stickers are from the Reprolabels set for Music Label Soundwave.

In order to make the gold chrome boarder reusable for the chest, I had to use a hobby knife, and cut the internal black window out of the Reprolables set. I then applied the boarder sticker to the same material that I had these MP3 screens printed on. Sometimes the chest looks better with the chrome outline, and other times it doesn't. Unfortunately, in several shots, the gold chrome gets washed out by my flash, and turn black. It really looks better in person. Appologies to Reprolabels for butchering their set :) 

Also, some of you might wonder why I put a couple of Autobot cassetts in here. Anyone remember the Underbase saga?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rock on Soundwave! Rock hard!

2. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    That is really goddamn cool right there. Good work!

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those came out great.

4. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Thanks for the comments. I had actually scanned the tapes at 600 dpi, then editted a few things on them in Photoshop. The captured Autobots (Grandslam, and Raindance) have "Captured Autobot - Security Protocols Engaged" in text on the MP3 screen. The pictures you see are the slightly smaller versions of the stickers that will fit into the Reprolabels chest border. I actually have a larger version that fits better into the yellow border already on the toy. Of course I would have to trim the lower corners like I did the smaller versions. Infact, I left the larger Buzzsaw in the last photo.... Unfortunately, for the larger ones I didn't think about moving the battery, sound level, and MP3 names to accomodate trimming the corners... At $13 a pop I can live with it since I had to buy several sheets.

5. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Excellent.
    Soundwave superior.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    offer them up for sale, man. I bet you'll have a bunch of takers.

7. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    They make him look really good, nice work!

8. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Well... I have 3 sheets left. I could sell them for $14 a sheet, plus $2 shipping in the US. For someone outside the US, the shipping would go up, obviously.

Keep in mind, these are not pre-cut stickers. So, you'd have to cut them out yourself. Also, the Reprolabels gold chrome border is not included.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i actually thought the reprolabels were hokey (i love the streamline/modern look of ml soundwave) so this is an overkill for me.

neat idea done well tho.

10. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Sorry to resurrect the thread (zombie thread), but someone wanted me to post a couple more pictures so I thought I'd share...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    does a sheet have all the tapes on it? if so, i might be interested....

and do these slide inside the cover of soundwaves chest, or stick to the outside? i get my soundwave on friday, so im not 100% familiar with him...

12. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

That really makes ML Soundwave look good. I don't have it, but if I did I would probably want them.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Scale looks awesome against the Classics, too bad he is so expensive. At a decent price, I'd go for one, even if it had the electronics gutted.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, im only getting one cuz a friend has a store and is trading me one for something that i got really cheap somewhere else, so its costing me less then half of what it should retail for...

15. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    While I much prefer the modern look to the ML Soundwave without all the extra "80s tech-stickers" on it from reprolabels (even though I love reprolabels), I really like the way the cassettes turned out. Great idea, and you did a fantastic job of making it work! :thumb