Minor/Repaint: ML Soundblaster Weapons Stowage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by firehawc_69, May 9, 2009.

1. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Hi all,
    I didn't really know where to put this, so I figured this was as close as I could get. I got my Music Label Soundblaster today, and while I was waiting for him to arrive, I had the idea of using velcro to store the battery weapons on his back. It's disappointing that they didn't design a way to do this in some fashion or another, so I took the liberty.

Essentially, it's just sticky-sided velcro cut down so each battery has 2 points of contact. I tried one at first with a small strip, but it was floppy. I figured the contour of the real battery cover would allow for stability.
    [​IMG]

I used the bottom as a guide for placement, and the direction was determined by the pistol grip/"projectile" and mini-phone adapter as well as the white labeling on each weapon. This allowed for them to sit naturally opposite each other (+/- wise.)
    [​IMG]

Obviously the projectile stands taller than Soundblaster is, but I think it kind of looks like an antenna, so it's not that bad.
    [​IMG]

The only real downfall is that his weapons now have velcro on them. The "Wave Bluster" in his hand isn't too bad, but it's a lot more obvious on his shoulder "Electric Launcher." The up side is that he's black with black velcro, and doesn't look too bad in dimmer light (which is how I like it :p )
    [​IMG]

Same is true for the back, there's velcro there so the lines aren't smooth, but the black helps.
    [​IMG]

I just feel it's nice to have a place to store the shoulder launcher when the headphones are plugged in, without having to worry about where I put it down!
    [​IMG]

Same is true for both weapons in alt mode, it's just handier this way.
    [​IMG]

As an afterthought, they also make an awesome cord-wrap for the headphones!
    [​IMG]

So there you have it, a minor modification for better or for worse. I like it, so I guess that's what counts. I'm curious though to read what any of you may think about it.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I think you could glue some black pegs (tubed styrene, cut to your desired length) on his back, and simply drill a hole in the weapons to peg them in place, thereby not hurting the robot mode any. At least you could do it this way for the shoulder launcher... for the gun, maybe reverse it, and have the peg on the gun and hole on the back of the body, so that you don't have to worry about messing up anything inside the gun (if it fires that is).

3. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Nope they dont fire.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    awesome, then just have both of them with a hole in 'em to match the size of the pegs you glue onto his back then, makes it easier and look better too.

5. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Good idea. I just thought of the velcro real quick, it's non-invasive and peels off pretty easily. Any residue that might stay behind would easily come off with Goo-Gone.

I'll have to try that though when i get settled back in and have access to my tools!

6. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

not a bad idea although I may use those small neo magnets in place of Velcro..

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Might they interfere with the electronics?

8. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    That's kind of what I was thinking... I do like the peg idea though.

9. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Conceptually good, I agree on the pegs. Shame they didn't do this from the get go!