ML 'BRING ON THE BADGUYS' question.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Slamdance, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Slamdance

Slamdance The Sustainable 'Bot

When was the decision made to cancel the henchmen for Onslaught pieces, and why? Was because we would effectively be getting two figures for the price of one?

2. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

They couldn't cost out the henchmen, and even if they were to beable to they woulda had to been 5 inch scale and low on artic, oil prices are just getting to high these days so we get an 9 inch Onslaught BAF instead.

3. Slamdance

Slamdance The Sustainable 'Bot

Ok, cheers.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to Jessie from TB, ML13 is already packed-up and all ready to go...don't know how true his statement is...getting abit impatient...

Anyway, I'm so envious of you guys in the US getting the Walmart exclusive wave! That wave has a re-sculpt Thor and Captain Britain!

5. AlphaPrime

Know why i can't wait for the WM wave to hit? cause more then likely its the only wave coming out anytime soon i have a chance at since my WM is still flooded with Prof X's Bullseyes and Dr Strange's hehe.

And because theres an AoA Wolvy in the wave hehehehe.

Still my most wanted figure of this year will be Face off Modular Armor Iron-Man hehe.

6. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

So is the wal mart wave totally new molds or reworked ones? I want the havok but the head looks..weird. Thor looks good too.

7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Dude, its new sculpts! TB totally re-made Thor!!! That's what killing me...every Avengers team must have a Captain America, Thor and Iron-man...the rest are all secondary characters.

8. wheeljack01

I figured they were reusing bodies like magneto was orginally iron man etc. I may get captain britain too.

9. AlphaPrime

Thor's all new but a few are reused, Kitty uses the less then stellar movie Sue body, AoA Wolvy is useing the ML6 Brown Wolvy body, i think Havok is useing the Bullseye mold, Warbird uses the great Phoenix body mold, Captain Britian uses the Black Panther/Wonderman mold, not sure what mold Sentry is useing, not sure which mold AoA Sabretooth uses, not sure about AntMan either.

10. wheeljack01

Not too keen on the bullseye mold..

11. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Wow, the Sue Storm Movie body is less than stellar?

I think its the best female body TB has done, at least until X-men Rogue comes out.

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah...that's what I thought so too...

13. AlphaPrime

IMO both the Phoenix and Storm molds top movie Sue by far, but movie Sue does beat out the god awful Mustique/Scarlett Witch mold*shudders*.

What you don't like about the Bullseye mold wheeljack01? besides Bullseye's over sized head the body it self is pretty darn good, great artic and sculpting, and thats prolly why alot of kitbashers that use TB figs use the Bullseye body heh.

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah! No offence to anyone here but Scarlett Witch was really aweful and I actually passed up on her...she looked like a guy in drag and there were red dots all over her face... :puke: 

15. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Exactly.. that's why I am still kicking myself for passing up Ultmate Cap America at WM more than once.. now I don't want to pay $15-20 for it no matter what. I also missed Thor so I'll be picking up the resculpt Thor then 2 Pack Cap America later. BAF Giant Man and Ant Man will be the final pieces to my Avengers team... along with Wasp that's coming up in Wave 15 if I remember correctly.

16. Predaking

I bought the Witch from a guy online for $15.. and you are right it's like she's got rash all over her face. :(  Her face is horribly sculpted too. Argh. :banghead: 

17. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Whoa!? How could you passed up on Ult. Capt. America dude!? He's so well sculpted and a badass in the comics! I actually prefer the Ultimate look as it seems more realistic than the "wings" on the head...know what I mean?

At least you're can make up for it by getting the 2-pack! Steve Rogers is a must for an ML collector! :D 

18. Predaking

I passed it then because I only wanted to collect X-Men at the time.. it's the reason I got into MLs in the first place. But since I got all the versions of Iron Man sans variants I began to collect the Avengers later. I still don't have Wonder Man and now I think I may pick one up just because he's an Avenger. I guess I won't sell the Witch just so I can complete the team. Oh well.

19. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Ohhh...X-men...that's what I did also! LOL! I have almost every single piece of X-men out there except for gambit and rogue...

So will TB re-do a S.Witch as rumored?

20. Predaking

I got Gambit right around the time I got into ML and I got Rogue from Ebay since I don't want to get the box set because I have everybody except Rogue already. The only X-Men ML I don't have is Toad (I collect X-Foe as well) but no biggie since I hate that sculpt. I recently bought Spawn Arsenal of Doom toy so I can have 3 huge guns to give to Cable. Cable just doesn't look right without all those hardwares (and the gun he comes with suck balls).

I seriously hope Witch will be redone but I haven't see it in the upcoming waves. Maybe a Avengers box set is in the works. Let's hope so.