Minor/Repaint: Mixmaster Repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sculpt-bot, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a straight repaint of the new ROTF Mixmaster mold. The original color scheme that comes on this character out of the box does not do it justice! The bot mode is pretty large despite his smallish alt mode (which is actually very cool on it's own!) The articulation is phenomenal, and he has a very imposing bot mode. Like Jin, I didn't have any reference for what his bot mode was colored like, with the exception of the brief glimpses you see of him in the film, and the early concept art work. I chose these colors based off of those references, as well as what looked nice together. I am loving repainting these movie figs! Hope you like!

Attached Files:

2. Howling

Howling I'M NOT A GUY!!!

News Credits:
    Beautiful!!!! first it was all the rampage repaints, now the mixmaster ones!

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looking good SB.

4. Sculpt-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys! I am really looking forward to the Long Haul figure, as he was my fav design from the new movie, and the Constructicons will all be gracing my shelves!
    Here's hoping they do the rest of them!

5. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Nice man, I love this figure easily the best of the ROTF line so far IMO. And I'm amazed more people haven't done more with it!

Love the colours, give's the figure a much more industrial looking vehicle mode and at the same time a sinister feel to the robot mode. Did you do anything to the Con symbol on his mixer? To me it looks a shade darker than the original colours but I can't tell whether that's because of the lighting or not.

Overall great job!!

6. newguy

newguy i

freakin sweet

7. Sculpt-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Must be the lighting. I didn't want to mess with the mixing drum (as I think the deco is awesome!) or the cab portion of the figure. The nice thing is, these are really easy to remove to avoid getting paint on them. I did detail a few parts on the cab (mirrors, cab lights, wipers, and blinkers.)
    Thanks!