Heavy/Scratch: Mixmaster new head sculpt and cannons

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Scotscream, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    hey guys doin a g1 style devs for a customer and thought id show this here

basically the customer wants all g1 accurate design very clean and cartoon looking with only a few details unlike my other stuff

of course i embellished a little........

any how the head is scratch built and i sculpted the mouth gaurd from milliput (awesome stuff but i nightmare to use) a few people have pointed out this actually looks like scrappers head and...i know!the customer kind of wanted a hybrid of what ptitivite did but with no mouths as he has some aversion to expressions on robots........

i spent a long time lookin at the g1 to get that blue/purple!

Oh and id like to point out that i would NEVER EVER go for silver windows but these colours were specified by the customer!cheers

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      764.7 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      769.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      837.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      524.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      571.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

Amazing. Ive been sitting on doing something like this for quite some time now. That is exceptional!

3. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

That looks sharp. Didn't even notice the silver windows. I have to ask though, was the design of the head as you made it specified that way by the customer? Cause it looks great, but doesn't really look like mixmasters head at all. More a spitting image of scrappers. Mixmaster was always easy to pick out cause he was the only constructicon who had a completely uncovered face, no mouth plate or visor. Once again, it looks great, I'm just curious about that. Love the cannons too.

4. Mecannibal V

Mecannibal V Engineeratron

News Credits:
    Not to nitpick but to me that head says "Scrapper" more than Mixmaster. Also looks like some of the cut panel edges could use a sanding. Otherwise paint application looks really nice. The purples look good too.

5. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    thanks!!

yes your exactly right,the only thing that i copyed from the original was the canopy style thing around the head the customer wanted this to be like the ptitvite version but he has this hatred for expressions on robots so i have to cover all the mouths up haha!cheers for the comments

6. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    nah thats not nitpicking dude,like i said the design was specified by the customer and as for the panel things,im kinda just starting to get used to using styrene it was as neat as i could get it given how hard it is to get perfect!cheers

7. Mecannibal V

Mecannibal V Engineeratron

News Credits:
    I feel ya, painting is what gets me. I have a few sitting primed, but I'm too scared to bust out the airbrush. When in doubt with edges sand them down. Little hobby files, sandpaper, even nail files can be your best friend.

8. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    yeah iv done loads of build stuff but this styrene is a nightmare i find to get really clean looking,mostly impatience i guess haha

nail file!thats a cool idea haha

9. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    and as for the airbrushing just go for it man,the trick is in the masking tape!!

10. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

xcellent job bro:thumbs2: ..never get tired of seeing how different the dev's get from one person to the next or how one improves on their own formula...if this is any indication this will be ur best one yet..

11. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Two more things:

1. I'm sure, since your customer seems to have a very specific thing in mind, that it was specified, but I'd love to eventually see a mixmaster that didn't partsform.

2. Love the purple

12. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    haha cheers yeah i need to stop doin devs but i keep gettin commisioned for them!so yeah im trying to make them different for my own sanity!

13. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    well there have been many mixmasters that did not partsform,i actually made on a few years ago but......im gonna quote frenzy rumble here

this version of mixmaster is in my opinion asthetically and proportionatlly the best design out there so far,every version of this has its tweaks and different conections ect but this version using energon barricade as a base,to me wins over the non partsforming versions iv seen

i will always pick looks over function,if i was 10 years old and wanting to play with this then fair enough the partsforming would be a bummer but as a display piece i think the partsforming thing is not an issue,hell lots of g1 combiners including devs were essentially partsformers....cheers