Mixed thoughts* spoilers *

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwave142, Apr 22, 2012.

1. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    With people who enjoyed armada , there was a large group who didn't. That one episode probably ruined tfp for poor soundwaverulls ( v v ) and has spiralled a lot of critical fans into a period of questioning. To me armada felt like it should have been a two-parter. replaced grill with " armada part 1 then Armada part 2. I..enjoyed the episode about as much as a liked grill..... it was ok, but after episodes like , operation BB, loose cannons ect. it was sorta weak. I noticed that tfp can do great things and when it does it's amazing but sadly when they do something poorly. it's just shit. So I just want to know has armada change you guys on tfp as a whole? personally to me it hasn't but i'm sure with others...... this one episode which I thought would be epic came off forced and unruly. Now I enjoyed the starscream part off great but with airachnid.they did absolutely horrible. So kind people, has armada changed your view on tfp ?

2. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

It's not a game changer like Orion Pax was. Now THAT was pretty titanic. That defined what this series was and was the moment of truth for lots of people (if you ask me). The spontaneous pacing, the status quo coming back with some added MacGuffins, all that build up for that. Afterwards, Crossfire was good, and this was alright, but I don't think either episodes were as series-defining as the Orion Pax arc.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have mixed feelings about the last couple episodes.

I thought it was kinda rushed (slapped together or took the easy way out) which was a shame because this episode could have been written for two episodes and still keep the grill, if they wanted too.

My thoughts and opinion is that, not to expect too much from Prime and not to "read" into the previews anymore because they can be misleading.

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my opnion was that everyone was expecting another bot to go rogue based on the info in the guide (i did too), then the preview came and everyone expected this to be epic, and then the whole episode was entirely different than we all expected it to be.

To me the episode seemed really really rushed. Like here lets wrap up arachnid and the indsecticon angle, here lets wrap up Starscreams tcog problem all in one little bitty episode

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I've kept my eyes on the boards, through boredom and thought I'd just post one last thing as my user name was brought up.

I think the biggest problem with the series is me. I enjoy most TF series still except Prime. I think the fact I am no longer a child combined with the me still being a fan has coursed me to over analyze the show.

Most shows, TF and non TF, I usually turn down my brain. This show, I don't. Instead of just enjoying the adventure, I watch characters and plots closely and get disappointed due to them not living up to my expectations.

I will keep watching this series but I will not post on this board and will try not to think about each episode after I watched it. TF isn't great but I don't think it's any worse than most shows these says. I just need to stop being a fan so I don't think so much about it. It is just a kids show. If I should expect a show to be perfect, it probably shouldn't be this one. I just need to remember that.

I have never been so interested in a show before and still haven't been so Transformers must have done something right. I'm not an ass hole, I'm just too big a fan. Transformers is a good franchise and when I stop over analyzing it, I'm sure I'll decide Prime is a good series.

Soundwaverulls (BTW that isn't my name, it was a stupid spelling error)
    Goodbye forever.

6. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    The main thing that irked me was the Starscream clones. I would've liked to have seen a mutation of sorts, where a couple of them were differently colored and have different minds, thus creating Thundercracker and Skywarp. But I also didn't like the fact that the Insecticons were weakened, being taken down very easily. And finally, no Soundwave, Dreadwing, or Knockout whatsoever. Alas, it was better than Grill.

I'm starting to side more and more with SLIT LIP on this show. I like the show, really, I do. But I want to see better characterization for the bots...heck, even the humans. It's nice that we're getting a break from the kids but even a bit of screentime from them would be appreciated. A lot of folks would argue that humans are annoying in any given TF series, however, it takes away from the concept of "robots in disguise". I've grown to actually like human characters, so long as they're not overused like in the live-action movies.

7. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    This is an easy place to get to, especially when you read message boards and everything is dissected to the fullest. For awhile there, I over-analyzed everything I watched. Then I realized I didn't enjoy much of anything anymore. I had to learn how to turn off my brain again and just enjoy it for what it is. Honestly, I'm happier for it. :) 

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Armada was bad, but it didn't change my view on the show. But why can't these characters act like normal people and have a casual conversation or something that isn't super serious plot related stuff?

9. soundwave142

News Credits:
    Hopefully with the return of return of dreadwing and soundwave in flying mind it will be a better episode

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Basically ^This. Except I like Armada.

11. jackDarcee

jackDarcee Arcee lover

I love this ep...we got the story line advancing with nemesis being basically grounded...we got Arcee going head to head w her enemy....we got megs being megs....

wow

12. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

This episode was alright, dissappointing but Starscream saved it. I'm sure things are going to be picking up over the next few episodes. I think what Prime needs is more multi part episodes, even if it means taking that inevitable break.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I really do not think Armada should have been a 2-parter. Even in only 1 part, the episode was 95% fluff designed to distract while accomplishing the 3 little plot points they wanted to check off. Stretching that out over an entire second episode just would have made it all seem more padded and drawn attention to how little point there was to anything anyone was doing.

At least with one episode, the pace was brisk, and it was a little bit clever.

14. soundwave142

News Credits:
    Hmm.I see what you mean.....

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I said in another thread, it was a mixed bag. They could've done so much more with it. There were some funny moments, but they weren't enough to save the episode for me. Bulkhead's extreme violence was out of place, as well.

Very rushed, very wasteful. That 20+ minutes could've been better utilized, really.
    This, plus a clip show so soon, has me worried. I don't know what they're doing, but they're beginning to drop the ball.

Enough to ruin the show for me? Hell no.

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I went in with no expectations, as I hadn't read the episode description and I was thoroughly entertained. Didn't change my mind at all. Still like the show.

17. soundwave144

soundwave144 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

18. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    +1

OP was a massive side changer for me.

I liked Armada. Especially when Airachnid got her pretty little leg snapped off.

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    These guys have to animate a CGI show every week. I'm surprised we didn't get a clip show sooner.