Mix-matching parts between the Hasbro and Takara versions of a toy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nevermore, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Some people think that Takara's releases are always, with no exceptions, infinitely superior to their Hasbro counterparts, even in (rare) cases where the Takara versions sport less paint operations (because, duh, "show-accuracy"!).

Other people prefer the Hasbro versions, recently in particular because they lack random chromed parts.

And then there are people who think that for some toys, there is no "superior" version - the Hasbro version has some advantages, while the Takara version excels in different parts.

This thread is pretty much only about the third category. So please, all "Takara superior, Hasbro inferior" and "Hasbro rocks, Takara sucks" fanboys, hit the "back" button of your browser.

For those who prefer parts of the decos of the two companies' versions of a toy, have you ever bought both and then swapped parts to create an "ultimate" version? For example, Alternators and Binaltech Asterisk Sunstreaker with the Binaltech version's robot mode deco and the Alternators version's car shell and red upper arms?

If anyone has ever made such parts-swapping only customs (no additional paint!), please share your photos.

2. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    swapped henkei megs crap chrome with united megs chestpiece, legs too since henkeis are black chrome with chrome knees

swapped henkei red alerts chrome spoiler for generations white spoiler

tossed out the purple head and nosecone from takara activators skywarp replaced with black head and nosecone

swapped the faces on both classics and universe starscreams with silver faces from junker acid storms

swapped engine pieces on universe sunstreaker and gen red alert with spare sideswipe engines (silver)

swapped henkei ironhides face with universe ironhides sunroof too

swapped universe dinobots sword for henkeis (hate chrome)

dechromed henkei hot-shots guns added to universe hot-shot (cut grooves for vehicle storage)

swapped WFC Cluffjumpers head onto my Classic Cliffjumper

swapped gen drifts wheels with gen blurrs (painted rims)

more to come

Attached Files:

3. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Id be interested to see your united megs with the chrome parts on.

4. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    sold it, sorry

5. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    While I've actually never combined two versions of the same toy before, I I have been toying with the idea of getting an United Bumblebee and slapping a Deluxe Armada (Bendy) Prime head on it to make a Goldbug.

6. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I've been toying with the idea of getting both United and Generations Blurr because United Blurr's a little TOO blue. Not sure if I will or not. But for the most part, I'm one of those people who prefers the Henkei/United decos.

7. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I always wanted to swap alt prime's arms with BT convoy's arms. I hate that Bt convoy has plastic arms.

8. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ive done it a couple of times, for example:

Swapped Classics Ramjet wings for HenkeiĀ“s
    Swapped Acid Storm forearms (painted in dark grey) with Henkei Thrust & Dirge (so my 3 coneheads would match)
    Gave BT Wheeljack my Alt WJ Forearms (better deco)
    Switched Classics Ironhide front fender bar to Henkei Ratchet
    Gave MP-01 Convoy a junker 20th Prime black Rifle