Heavy/Scratch: mix master wip

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Megatron31, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    8/31
    well i had a change in plans so i updated the arms and made a new grill its on ball joints and isnt lined up perfect in the pic

what do you guys think

Attached Files:

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oooooooooooo, that's really nice man, Can't wait to see more of this from ya bro.

3. Megatron31

Ebay:
    updated

more updated pics

his frame looks kinda of skinny at the moment but i still have to add the rear wheels and the front grill and work on attatching the head as its just setting there for now i just have to iron out the transformation i want the back wheels to fold onto his back next to the mixer but i am not sure how to pull it off yet and i also have to get a hinge so the mixer can move up higher on his back for the combiner mode overall pretty happy except for the gian feet bit its the only way i could get it all to work

comments welcome and you can be honest you want hurt my feelings hahaha

thanks for looking

Attached Files:

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    didnt take long to find arms for this guy, too bad he lost his grill! any chance of seeing how he stands in combiner mode?

5. Megatron31

Ebay:
    oh the grill will make it back on thats one of those finishing things i need to work on. going to have to find some hinges or ball joints i can work in. kinda stuck on that really

hopefully tomorrow i can get some combiner pics up

6. xaviercal

xaviercal Customizer

Ebay:
    excellent work... I stated on one. but have no time to finish it..

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice update. Love the up-scaled G1 feel of the figure. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the figures as well man.

8. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

It looks great so far! The only parts I think could be improved are the feet which you already mentioned and bulking out the back/shoulders a bit more. Adding the wheels the way you described should help with that though.

As for the feet, is there a way you can push them back some more? As in make the knees start right where the bottom of the window is and maybe make the grill function as kneepads? It might help with the proportions a bit.

Good luck!

9. Megatron31

Ebay:
    that was originally how i wanted to do it, but it wouldnt work for the whole thing as far as transformation goes, teh wheels wouldnt lay flat.

i just got the back wheels on and am working on the hinges for the mixeer tank to move up so i can combine him with devastator

10. Megatron31

Ebay:
    another update on this guy i have been really busy with him today back wheels are on, along with mixing tank still ironing out the kinks though i will get there eventually though

on to the the pics

Attached Files:

11. Megatron31

Ebay:
    ok i need some help guys

i need a way of sliding the mixing tank up like an inch and a half for the combiner mode, i tried using some hinges but it made the back panel sand up so far of his back that the wheels wouldnt touch the ground before the chest.

anyone got suggestions

12. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    you could detach it totally and make it connect via magnets, assuming youre not completely anti-partsforming. but i have to admit i dont completely understand the situation youre in. im priming my mixmaster now since ive solved my pesky cement barrel issue. should be posted tomorrow afternoon after the primer is half dry, perhaps it will help. good luck!

13. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i look forward to seeing your stuff

my situation is complex dont know if you looked into the actual devastator thread i have but the mixing tank is actually what connects the leg in getsalt mode. my problem is to make the cab fold up to form his foot the mixer needs to go up his back and be load bearing so a magnet wouldnt work. i either need a slide type joint (seeker leg kinda thing) or a folding set of joints that doesnt make the mixer stick off of his back (i had a hinge but when attatched to mixing tank and rear wheels to it the hole thing was so high when in truck mode the chest touched the ground before the wheels)

does that make sense? maybe i should take some pics if that would help

14. Soundwave3k

pictures would help, I'm having some trouble visualizing what it looks like.

15. Megatron31

Ebay:
    pcs

ok here are the pics let see if i can explain it better with pics

the fist one is how it lays in truck mode
    the second pic shows how the tank attatches to it (it pegs into the back)
    the 3rd is now it sets without the tank for combiner mode

and the last pic is how it should set when the tank is mounted in the right position (but its just setting there in that pic

what i need is to make a hinge or joint of some sort to let the tank and rear wheels slide up the back to the right hieght so that the cab can fold up to the back to form the leg
    but the catch is to make that hinge small enough that it doesnt make the tank set to high off of the back in truck mode (if it sets high the chest touches the ground before the wheels do)
    now does it make sense?

Attached Files:

16. Soundwave3k

Okay, I see what you need now. I think the type of hinge you need might be similar to the one's I combined from ROTF Mixmaster and Energon Barricade for the cab of my Mixmaster. I'll try to post some pics when I get home. I know it's not exaclt what you need but it might give you some ideas.

17. Megatron31

Ebay:
    you can tell it by the pics but i used a lot of parts from energon steamhammer and i tried using the hinge off of him (which is what the mixer and rear wheels is attatched to) but its to thick i need something that collapses on itself i have energon barricade but i was gonna sell him since i havent used anything off of him, but i may have to now.

i have really been focusing on getting the grill for the truck attatched at this point to take my mind off of it haha

18. Megatron31

Ebay:
    got the back finished now i have to figure out which head to use modified prowl head or the ko devastator head.

and finish up the small details fill in some things and still figure out the grill thing

thanks for looking

Attached Files:

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd go with the KO devy head bro. It would be the right thing to do I think, unless you're going to sculpt stuff regardless...

20. Megatron31

Ebay:
    yeah i have never done any sculpt work yet. i have been wanting to try it though.

im just happy i got that stupid hinge, but i still have to figure out the grill though