Mitsuoka Orochi Voted in the Top 5 Ugliest Exotic Cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by x BlackMagnus x, Jul 21, 2011.

1. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Now, I'm with Vangelus on this one. I think it is a really cool looking car. There is just something about it and I can't quite put my finger on just one reason why, it is just a lot of neat design cues. Performance wise, yes, it sucks. It's looks however, just do it for me. It's shark like and almost alien in its design.

What's funny about the article is that it mentions it looks like a Transformer. Oh, if the journalist writing this had done a little homework.

http://www.vehix.com/articles/fun--entertainment/5-of-the-worlds-ugliest-exotic-cars/1

5. Mitsuoka Orochi
    The old saying about a face so ugly only a mother could love it most certainly applies to the Orochi. We lead off with a Japanese sports car emblazoned with a silly grin more appropriate for a cartoon character than a $100,000 exotic. This thing looks like a Transformers character. We don't mean that in a good way. While the name comes from a mythical eight-headed serpent, there is nothing scary about the Orochi. Its 0-60 time of 7 seconds means it is one of the slowest sports cars on the road and its exhaust note is pathetic. We point fingers at its Toyota-sourced 3.3-liter six-cylinder — borrowed from the Toyota Camry and Sienna minivan — that generates a wheezy 230 horsepower. We unhappily report that with a curb weight of 3,483 pounds to haul around (about 500 pounds heavier than it should be), the odd-looking two-seater is both ugly and overweight. However, it can dance. Thanks to its space frame design, with double wishbone suspension on all corners, the Orochi handles well and delivers a nice ride. But we just can’t stop laughing at its goofy appearance.

Go down to the botton to see what others are on the list.

Try and keep this away from the Questors though, they can be a little sensitive. And you wouldn't like to see what happens if they get a sad...

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Not going to go back and point quote all the.. madness.. in that article, but what in the name of mercy is this person's problem? I suppose it is a matter of personal choice, but I didn't consider any of those cars ugly by any stretch of the imagination.. the writer might need to consider a new hobby.

3. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny they should mention that :lol .

4. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, the only reason the Lambo truck is ugly is because the company did something different for a change?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The car basically has trollface. "$100,000. Lol u mad?"

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If Sky-Byte was car he would be the Mitsuoka Orochi.

Damnit Takara where my Alternity Skybyte. :mad: 

7. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    None of those cars are horrible. The author is horrible for tearing into the Mitsuoka.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I thought this thread was best suited for the TFGD since it was TF related, oh well.

9. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

I actually love the Lambo... The only one I dislike is the Weber.

However the Mitsuoka Orochi is a rolling art in my opinion. Its the kind of car that says I dont care what you think I am what I am.

10. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Ugliest Exotics, Maybe.
    Ugliest Cars. Far from it.

Bricklin SV-1. Ugly Sideeffects for owning a car that looks like a Ferrari 308, Z31 300ZX had and affair with an old SLS door concept.

It's all a matter of opinion.

11. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    "... emblazoned with a silly grin more appropriate for a cartoon character..."

Sorta makes sense.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I always thought it was ugly. It's the face. That's why I didn't buy the alternity seekers. The alt mode was butt ugly.

13. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

That Orochi is awesome despite the "face" grill.

:lol 

Only ugly cars that I hate are the Mercedes R-Class, CLS-Class and BMW X6. Ugh!

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

He's horrible for expressing an opinion different from yours? Oh nossss!! I think he was pretty fair. He tore into it for it's poor specs, but gave it credit for handling really well.

I actually totally agree on the Orochi. Hell, I would have put it in the #1 ugly-exotic slot. It's a HIDEOUS car. It's only raison d'etre is to be driven by a supervillain ("Quick! To the Goblin-mobile!")... or to be purchased by really really rich tacky fantasy nerds... which is probably about the same thing. :lol 

As for the other cars on the list... meh. Nothing special there. As far as ostentatious designs, I even kind of like the Esperante in spite of the fact that it looks like Flash Gordon should be piloting it. :) 

zmog

15. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

That Weber looks like the "I lied" guy. It's blue and has the mustache to boot. :lol 

And lol, I didn't even read the description on the Orochi, and it looks like a Decepticon to me. :D 

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

It has an interesting look to it. Kind of an acquired taste, but I have to say I don't dislike it.

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    :lolol 
    That sums it up pretty well actually. Even if I could easily afford it, it's not something I would ever buy, but I think the Orochi is still pretty cool. It's a bit overdone, but there's really nothing else like it.

Agreed. I like how bold the styling is. Though somehow their GT-LM is just the blandest shit ever.

The only one of these I'd agree with them on is the Lamborghini. It's not even appealing in a utilitarian sense.