Mitotic sparks and death.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Coeloptera, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Ah I found the duo con tech specs, its seems flywheels is one but has mental issues where as battle trap to me seems to be two sparks but are a perfect team, even called the ultimate tag team in his specs, weird.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Taste could be a part of smell. I think out of all the things that you can taste, a certain percentage is actually connected to your smell - in other words: if you can't smell, you can't taste alot of stuff.

Which happens to be correct as I know a couple of people who lack a sense of smell, and have told me they don't really taste much, either.

Yes, I know I'm late to the party. :p 

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Hm. Perhaps another example of inconsistency inherent to the Transformers canon? It's too bad that, to my knowledge, there are no long profiles for the Duocons. Often the longer profiles make a lot of things clear that were just briefly alluded to in the short Tech Spec profiles.

I've heard that too... I'm just amazed that you know TWO people without a sense of smell! :) 

zmog

4. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Nothing from Dreamwave? Since that's where they actually tried to get into the issue of weird sparks and their being experiments and all.

- Coeloptera

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Dreamwave probably has profiles for them, but I honestly forget most of what happened in DW's run. MTMTE is an interesting project, but for some reason I consider it more "secondary" than "primary" in terms of sources, despite attempting to define itself as an authoratative resource.

zmog

6. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

True, but if nothing else, it would give us a clue as to how such things worked in the DW universe.

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I can't remember the profiles but I do recall DW said the duocon's were an early attempt by shockwave to make triple changers, it seemed to suggest they were each a single tf that could have two modes at once. Given there profiles I would suggest co dependent sparks, each duo con has two sparks which are near identical but they can't survive with out each other, meaning if you killed one half of a duocon the other part would live on for a time but would be doomed, possibly kept alive in a CR chamber but couldn't ever leave it.

8. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Ah-hah! Backup for this, anyway.

Do Over - Transformers Wiki

What's the canonicity of SG stories, anyway?

- Coeloptera

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    100%, for the SG universe.