Mistransformation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arcticwave, Oct 3, 2010.

1. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Skids and Mudflap are needlessly fiddly and tricky to get things lined up just right..they're toys after all and supposed to be enjoyed, not something to get frustrated over.
    RID sideburn is also a bit fiddly with the whole chest wheel arms configuration.

All the animated figures on the other hand are a joy to transform (with the possible exception of starscream and his clones...the arm leg alinement means the legs usually pop off)

2. caecae22

caecae22 Fifth Face of Darkness

Twitter:
    same i actually bought it and saw it was out of the chest in the package so i returned it
    lol. i am silly.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Nah - if I'd seen it like that before unpacking it I'd have returned it too.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

ROTF Mixmaster's gunmode - Never tried it

I also like ROTF Arcee, but can never get her bot mode to look right.

5. caecae22

caecae22 Fifth Face of Darkness

Twitter:
    i think its impossible to get it to look right with a robot mode as horrible as it is supposed to have.

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

To be honest, no figure has really given me that hard of a time. Sometimes, there's a small step that I don't figure out (I don't use instructions or Youtube videos), which gives me some problem, such as collapsing WFC Prime's legs or folding in those shoulder flaps on Leader Starscream. After 1 or 2 transformations, I usually get it down.

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP Megatron - so annoying I happily sold him. No point in having a toy if you can't play with it!

Animated Swoop continues to give me trouble - I've got no idea how to clip his arms onto the torso so that they stay there.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll go with ROTF Mixmaster, as I can't remember if I ever transformed it 100% correctly before dumping it in storage.

9. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Bert the Stormtrooper Reivews

While at Bot-con I took the kids over to the play area and found a WFC Bumblebee no one was messing with, so I figured I'd try to transform him to car mode, how hard could a deluxe be right? Yeah, never happened. And now that I HAVE the toy... like MechanovaKing said, tabbing and alining everything just right is a huge pain. I think I've had him in actual, CORRECT, car mode, with all four wheels touching the surface, once!
    :mad: 

That's because she doesnt have a "right" robot mode. I got that POS for my daughter because she liked the bikes in the movies and I was honestly angry with that figure when we opened it. First time I've ever actually been angry at a toy...
    Later

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Warbot Defender, hands down.

11. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Wow, a lot of hate for ROTF Arcee... I think the robot mode for her looks great...

Anyway, I could never get ROTF Mixmaster into that weird third gun mode... thing...

12. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    does anyone else wonder how the hell they sell these to kids nowadays? i know damn well these kids can't transform most of this movie shit.

13. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I remember back in the 80's while I was playing with my Transformers, the older kids were totally confused. That was the first time I heard Transformers being called Rubik's Cube on Crack. Especially the triple changers.

14. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Come on guys and gals, I'm 12 and a figure has NEVER given me problems and I don't use instructions. It's not that hard. The only time I ever open instructions is when I'm putting them in plastic sleeves in a binder

15. Jimmy Drift

Jimmy Drift Well-Known Member

Meet your brother.

Jet to robot is easy enough - the attempt to line up the panels when transforming him back to jet almost ended in him being launched from my attic window...

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't think that's your fault - I had a couple of TFA Swoop and one clipped and stayed perfectly and the other just wouldn't stay clipped no matter what I did.

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Not recent, but a difficult one: Sky-Byte. His big shoulders are hard to get into place. Everything else is relatively straightforward, but those damn shoulders still give me trouble to this day. I don't even have trouble with ROTF Leader Prime anymore, but Sky-byte still gets me. XD

18. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Not sure if thats a typo, but if not it's clever as all get-out

19. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Yeah, ROTF Jetfire and ROTF Prime are both pretty bad. Worst though? Star Wars Transformers Death Star/Darth Vader.

Panel/hold, panel/flip. Repeat until madness ensues.

20. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Actually, on ROTF Preview Bumblebee, I got this obnoxious piece of flash somewhere around the hip that just would not allow the car mode to stay together. The hip guard couldn't stay in position, which made the door sit at an awkward angle, which brought the right arm up, making the car look like half of it was in a terrible accident. I checked out a youtube video, found out it wasn't a tab but just a piece of flash, and shaved it right off.