Current Project: Professor Dapper: CURRENT UPDATE: I've done a lot of "under the hood" work today by making minor adjustments to measurements to make sure everything will fit together. You won't notice most of that, but you can see the bike mode finally shaping up. The new, long pieces are the shins, which will host the wheels, which will be in the feet. The wheel wells will turn into the toes and the front one will plug into the 1 CM gap in the front of the fuselage. I would have done more, but my computer was BSODing today and I had to spend a lot of time fixing it. I don't know if it's actually fixed, but I can hope. OLD UPDATE: I did a bit more work tonight: As you can see I smoothed out the edges and remade the "fuselage." Now let's take a look at Professor D.'s robot mode and reveal what the 'D' stands for: Yes, he is wearing a tuxedo. His full name is Professor Dapper, or P. Dapper if he's in a pimping mood. OLD UPDATE: I'm not sure I'll keep the cockpit. For now it's filler while I build the rest of the alt. mode. Once I see how well everything else comes together I'll be able to make something more fitting. If you can't tell Professor D.'s going to be a motorcycle-esc vehicle. OLD UPDATE: I have started work on my next figure, which I will be calling "Professor D." until I get further along in the design. Unlike Little Orphan Android, which took inspiration from the Animated Wheelie design, this is an entirely original concept. At first glance this may look similar to Little Orphan Android because of the cockpit "chest" and the balljoint sockets to the side of the cockpit "chest," but I want you to know there's more than meets the eye to this figure. You'll see what I'm doing when I get a little further along with the design. I don't expect this will tell you guys much about my design, but I thought you guys might be interested in seeing part of my design process: I made this in Adobe Illustrator and it's the general plan for how things will be placed and an early "proof of concept" for my design. What's nice about illustrator is I can arrange and resize "parts" easily so I can get a general idea of how to start making the parts. When I did LOA I did something similar, but only on pencil and paper. Doing it on Illustrator is so much easier. ================================== Little Orphan Android: CURRENT: This is the first prototype for my Little Orphan Android figure: This thing is only a little bit bigger than a lego minifigure. Very tiny. The balljoints were printed by Shapeways way too small, so I had to spend a lot of time tightening the joints, which ended up being a little bit messy. The figure works, though, and I learned a lot about where the design is lacking. Mostly I need to change the way the balljoints were designed, but I also need to redesign the legs and chest so the wheels and cockpit plug on so they can be easily dyed instead of painted.