Missouri Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Terradive, Apr 10, 2003.

1. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was juuuust about to call and see if they still had it. Thanks for posting!

• Like Like x 1
  2. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Check your nearby Targets, they seem to be getting that wave in.

Unfortunately those same Targets have been pretty bare on new Transformers, except for a few Voyager Wave 2 sightings.

3. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I think for the most part, collectors are the only ones getting potp. Kids are only getting what we left. Which is a lol and sad that the retailers have cut back ordering this line. You can find the wave 1 masters grumlock and starscream most anywhere. We’re keeping Walmart cleaned out, target is the best place to find wave 1 and there isn’t much there.

4. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I checked the Ross & Marshalls in Edwardsville, IL. No TFs there.
    I have some items I may need to sell due to unexpected expense. Post here before I put them online.
    Magnus Prime with PC15 & PC16 $160.
    YOTH MP10 $115
    All 6 POTP Dinobots. Asking retail price, which comes to about $110 after tax.

5. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just grabbed fellbat and guyhawk off of ebay, just so I could stick with the whole deception thing.

6. Doublej101

Doublej101 Active Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Target in Florissant has:

2x Battleslash
    2x Roadtrap
    1x Talegate

And some misc. wave 1 stuff.

If anyone is still searching for the legends that is.

7. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    That's part of it, but some of it is just that it's March which is usually a crappy time to find new stuff. A lot of old clearance just got moved out of the way and most things new haven't reached retail yet. Even Avengers toys that just set have more space allocated in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart than needed for the actual product they've so far received. But stuff should start sneaking in and will fill up once we get closer to summer.

Except Prime Masters, Wave 1 is fully stocked everywhere I've been, so I'm not sure anyone is buying them right now. Those later releases might end up as annoying to find as Ramhorn or worse.

8. Coldiron

Ebay:
    Nothing at the Fairview Ross or Marshall’s. 5below did have some titanmasters

9. Doublej101

Doublej101 Active Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Well, RIP Toys r Us. I will be paying respects to my childhood ( and a lot of my adulthood hunting). I guess I will have to shop online more...

10. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    Greetings from the Poplar Bluff area where we have exactly;
    1 Grimlock
    1 Starscream's
    1 Rodi Uni
    And 1 RID Blurr

11. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Snagged the Hunn-Grrr at Slackers in the Jefferson City Mall, JC Target HAD the new Spidey wave, by the time I got there only a lone Gwen Pool was left and I got her. Now bring one wave 3;) 

12. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I time I have been collecting I have gone to Toyrus may 30-40 times and found what I was looking for twice..... TWICE. At multiple toysrus' I don't know if it was them or Hasbro but this is why I went to walmart/ target/ amazon.com. Lack of what I was looking for. Period.

Sorry for the cats losing their jobs, but this company did it to itself.

13. Starscream229

Starscream229 Well-Known Member

I agree. It really sucks for the employees, but I hardly ever found what I was looking for there. All the other stores/sites seemed to get them first. And in my experience TRU was usually more expensive. The only figure I ever bought there was Metroplex, Masterpiece figures, and the odd TRU exclusive. Ended up getting Devastator from a local supplier and Trypticon online cheaper. I'm sure someone (online probably) will pick up the Masterpiece line. I hate to say it for the employees, but I really don't think TRU shutting down is going to change the way I shop for Transformers.

14. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    I've found a ton of stuff at Toys R Us over the years, and not just the exclusives. So I don't prescribe to the "they never had anything I was looking for" theory, as I've easily spent thousands of dollars in that store alone over the years, so I'm pretty sure I've found a thing or two that I wanted. So I really am not looking forward to this new world without them, or the tighter grip of "available online-only" on the retail world.

15. Starscream229

Starscream229 Well-Known Member

In all fairness I've never lived closer than an hour to a TRU, so I never went very often. Maybe once a month, maybe. In that same time period, if I was hunting, I'd probably hit multiple Walmarts 15-20 times, Target 5-10 times. I still think Walmart and Target have better pricing.

16. Coldiron

Ebay:
    I have found quite a few things at tru over the years. Most of my hunting woes were thanks to scalpers getting their first and buying up the lot. I do feel the tr line was poorly distributed there and the ending of their true clearance isles were some low points but I still e joy going to tru.

17. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    Found Berserker at N. Belt Wal-Mart in St. Joseph today for $4, finally decided it was time to pick him up. Really glad I never paid $20 for one, but $4 is a great deal.

Also Titan Masters are at the nearby 5-Below, they have a few Ramhorns and Apefaces and what seemed like twenty Overboards.

18. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Found 2x Leader Rodimus at the Watson Walmart. They had Optimus Prime too, but some douche nozzle looks like they bought it, cut Orion out of it and returned it. Prime's head is loose in the package, and it has the front bot mode windshield still and matrix. But the rest of the orion backpack is gone.

19. Coldiron

Ebay:
    What is wrong with people. I had never seen repacks till I moved here. Walmart likes to prosecute so if you show a manager they might be able to look at the return log.

20. Coldiron

Ebay:
    Has anyone checked tru yet for clearance? I hear it might be different area to area.