Missouri Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Terradive, Apr 10, 2003.

1. quickshift

quickshift Combiner Junkie

I suspect online orders ate up thier supply of the rest of the wave. That's my theory.

Quake and 2 brainstorms at walgreens on telegraph and erb

2. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Titan fall bt at Fairview tru. I'll do a review tomorrow.

3. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But...you can't order these online. Even if you could, they don't put individual toys up for order, only store exclusives like Brainstorm.

• Like Like x 1
  4. quickshift

I'm really confident that I saw an update...."somewhere" that said they were available on walgreens website at some point. I suppose I may be mistaken.

5. Starscream229

Starscream229 Well-Known Member

Jeff City Walmart finally got wave 3 deluxes. One of each except Twinferno, two of him.

6. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    QH is right, plus even if they did. They do it by the case, and stores are sent unopened cases.

7. quickshift

Nearly positive everything comes to walgreens in a repack tote. If they were getting full cases we would be seeing the rest of the wave on the pegs and not just krok and quake.

8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I thought they were getting half case orders. The smaller boxes. Though I've seen some look they stock full case boxes too. And it could always be that the others are getting sold before you get there too. Perceptor and Kup are pretty popular and not all STL fans post on the forum.

9. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Perhaps, I can say the krok and quake figures I saw last night were 2 on the peg...

10. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anywho, anyone going to the toyfair on Sunday?

11. quantumhawk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not aware of any such thing as a half-case available from Hasbro. I do know that Walgreens stores don't get cases of anything. The regionally distribution centers get the cases, break them open, and randomly ship to the stores based on quantity currently st the store. Now, what the regional district center is getting is where I have a question. If they are getting normal cases, it still makes no sense that there have been so few sightings of the other figures in the wave compared to Krok and Quake.

12. Starscream229

Starscream229 Well-Known Member

What toy fair?!

13. quickshift

Whaaaaaaa? Not all STL fans are here? Preposterous.

Also? Toy man toy show in Bridgeton is awesome. Lots of neat stuff but not usually very well stocked with things cybertronian.
    ToyMan Show - A St. Louis area show for collectible toys, games, action figures, trading cards, comic books, memorabilia, and more.

As for an actual sighting.....stopped into time warp toy store on Tesson ferry. If anyone is still looking , he has a combiner wars sky lynx for $25. There's also a CW computron but I didn't check the price on that.

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Sunset Hills TRU has the 3rd wave TR's still. Twinferno, Triggerhappy, Hot Rod, and Breakaway.

That's a good question about the regional then, because that does make zero sense. In my toy hunting though, and nearly all my TRs are from Walgreens at this point, almost every time I've found stuff it's been by case assortment of full boxes. So no clue how Walgreens handles it. I can only go on what I've seen stocked and how it lines up to cases.

15. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I spoke to a manger at Walgreens and he told me they can not have more than 4 tfs in stock. They either order when out or per request. They get the amount they dont have that would equal 4. They get them in totes this side of the river. The warehouse gets the cases.

16. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Nope. I've found quite a few of the pair, including seeing them being restocked a couple of times. I've never seen any of their casemates though and I've checked literally 12 different Walgreens in the KC metro area, many of them multiple times. I'm a wee bit frustrated with this.

What you guys have said about breaking up the cases makes perfect sense and falls right in line with what I've seen. They are ordering just a few at a time and never the right ones. I was sure a local Walgreens would get the new ones after I bought their lone Hot Rod, but they restocked the peg with a lone Triggerhappy. Suffice it to say, I was disappointed when I went back out on Saturday after their truck came. They didn't even order 4, they just got the one figure.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In Bridgton, toy man toy show. It's mostly people selling their collections but every once and while you find gems. It's only $5 after 9 am. so a good way to spend an hour. Think massive garage sale from collectors. Though there are signings, corporate vendors, giveaways, etc.

But to piggyback off quickshift time warp toy store is great as well. I've gotten a few figures off them as well, professional and knowlegable.

18. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

1 each triggerhappy, hot rod, and soundwave at Brentwood WM 7:30 pm 3/10.

-Kronatron.

19. quantumhawk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So which one of you cats is going to find me a Titan Master Grotusque nearby?

20. Impulse

Impulse Active Member

What part of Missouri are you in? I go shopping nearly every day. ^_^