MISSOURI Transformers Collectors Meetup

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by starbasetoys, Sep 9, 2010.

1. starbasetoys

starbasetoys Cybertronian Trader

Hello folks,

I didn't find any threads specifically for Missouri Transformers fans meetups, so I thought I'd start one.

Are there any Southwestern Missouri TF's collectors on here that would be interested in a meetup to buy/sell/trade sometme?

I actually live in Northwest Arkansas, but I'm just a few minutes away from the SW Missouri border. I have a lot of Armada, Energon, Cybertron, 2007 Movie, 2009, Movie, and Universe Transformers that I need to sell and would love to bring them to a get together to let some fellow Transfans on here get a crack at them.

So how about it?

2. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, I was just looking at your sales thread a few minutes ago.

<-- Unfortunately, I'm at the other side of the state. :) 

3. starbasetoys

LOL is that so. Well I'm willing to ship also, but meetups are so much more fun.

In the arkansas thread, someone was saying they could host one around the Little Rock area soon, but that's over 3 hours away from me, and I couldn't make that (so I understand your position).

4. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I'm just outside of Springfield. Not lookiing to really buy right now, but do have a few things I'm considering getting rid of. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some fellow collectors just to do a meet and greet.

5. starbasetoys

Any SW MO collectors wanna meet up sometime this coming weekend (SAT 10/9/10 or 10/10/10) for some buy/sell/trade action?

6. starbasetoys

Just wanted to post about an upcoming Comic Con in Joplin, MO....

HurleyCon happens on Saturday, Feb 19, 2011 in Joplin, MO at the JLW Convention Center on S. Rangeline Road. It's a pretty decent Comic Con (for the Joplin area anyway).

I will be getting a vendor booth, and will be selling tons of Transformers, Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Masters of the Universe Classics, DC Universe Classics...and much more. I'm sure there will be a few other toy dealers there, as well as many comic dealers. I went last year and was pleasantly surprised at the turnout I saw. If you can find your way to Joplin on Saturday, Feb 19, I'd recommend attending.

Here is a link to the website of the comic book store who is putting on the event. The store is called Hurley's Heroes....

hurleysheroes | Just another WordPress.com site

7. Grendel1979

Grendel1979 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Any chance we could get a TF swap meet going after the convention? I'm in KC but it might be worth the drive to sell/trade/find some parts.

8. starbasetoys

I'd be down for that...just need to know when and where. I don't actually live in Joplin...I live about an hour south, just accross the Arkansas border. So I wouldn't be able to host anything up in Joplin myself.

I will have a bunch of Transformers at my booth at the Con though from Energon, Armada, Cybertron, 2007 & 2009 movie, Classics, Generations, and probably a little G1 also. I've also got a bunch of G1 tech specs and instructions that I'll have with me so make sure you stop by and check it all out.

9. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I may swing down for that too.

10. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Hey SBT I will be going to the con, maybe we can meetup before, I know one guy moved from up your way, and the other I know just had a baby, so that put a damper on anything but you and me in this area.

11. starbasetoys

Sounds cool Matrix...The morning of the con I'll be up and leaving pretty early because I've got to be in Joplin to start setting up my booth by 8am.

Were you meaning to meet the same day of the con before it, or some other day prior to the con?

I will be free most weekends in Jan and Feb to meet up for a bit to do some trading/selling/ect.

I wish we'd get a con or toy show somewhere in NW Arkansas sometime soon. I'd like a chance to unload a lot of my extra collection stuff without having to put it all on ebay, while at the same time meeting fellow local collectors.

12. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I would love to meetup before, maybe the next 2 or 3 weekends we can do something.

13. starbasetoys

This coming weekend (New Years weekend), I'm gonna have stuff going on. The next couple of weekend's though after that are pretty uneventful for me.

14. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Any interest in a KC meet up? I've had Sidewayz over to my house a few times and had a good time. If anyone is interested in getting together to watch the movies (original or Bay) or just to talk TFs, we can either meet at my house or if people want a more neutral place for trading or something, I could also offer use of my karate school as an open space if it is sometime during the weekend. If anyone is interested, speak up.

15. starbasetoys

I wanted to throw a reminder out about HURLEY-CON in Joplin, MO, which happents tomorrow (as I write this) Satuday Feb 19.

From 10am-5pm, Hurley-Con happens at the JLW Convention Center in Joplin, MO. And it's FREE ADMISSION

Here is link to the website of the comic store in Joplin that is presenting Hurley-Con...

hurleysheroes | Just another WordPress.com site

I'm going to be there selling tons of great toys including...

- Transformers (Energon, Armada, Cybertron, 2007 & 2009 movie, and G1)
    - Marvel Legends
    - DC Universe Classics
    - Star Wars
    - Masters of the Universe Classics
    - GI Joe 25th Anniversary
    ...and more.

The weather is going to be pretty nice. So come to Joplin and check out the con.

16. starbasetoys

Hurley Con is over. I had a great time but it's good to be home. Thanks to all who came out to the con. If anyone is looking for TF's or other toys such as Marvel Legends, GI Joe 25th Anniversary, Star Wars, DC Universe Classics, or Masters of the Universe Classics hit me up. I've still got tons of toys available for sale.