Mission accomplished political?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by OmegaDead, Apr 27, 2008.

1. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is the fact that they title this episode about the elite believing there are no decepticons (when they are crawling all over the place)
    "mission accomplished" is a writers dig against Bush or what?

Like that famous photo the President took on that battleship with the mission accomplished banner overhead.

I know we are not supposed to talk politics and I am not taking a side either way, I am just pointing this out to see if you think the writer's ment to do this.

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Im pretty sure its because the mission to locate Optimus' crew was accomplished.

3. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Next you'll be saying Starscream is a metaphor for Nixon, or something. :eek: 

4. OmegaDead

I don't think it was that at all. I don't try to read into things that much but this stuck out like a sore thumb to me anyway.

5. OmegaDead

I'm sorry, I'm not some kind of nut or anything and I'm Canadian so I don't really care about Bush or anything either way, but I do read the news and this is the first thing I thought after the episode.

And I'm a stoner & drinker, so I usually don't think too much about anything.

6. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Well, I admit that when Sentinel Prime talked about the War against the Decepticons, and the Decepticons doing random acts of sabotage, which could be translated to terrorism, I was somehow reminded about that War on Terror-thing, but I don't want to think too much about it, as it's a hot topic, and furthermore, real-world political discussions on message boards tend to derail or get nasty...

7. OmegaDead

I do not want this to get political, I just want to know if you guys think the writers intentionally did this, because I think they did.

8. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hahahahaha

9. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, most definitely.

But I don't think the writers were trying to grind some political axe.
    Rather that it's just such an obvious blindingly bright beacon to parallel.

Plus it's just a pretty generic episode title like other TFA episodes such as Survival of the Fittest, Thrill of the Hunt, or Nature Calls.

10. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    this is like asking what did you think bumblebee meant in the G1 movie when he said " Ah Shit" right before the shuttle went into unicron.....

11. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

That was Spike actually.

12. EmineX

EmineX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you might be reading into it a bit too deeply.

I love the direction they're taking things in. Optimus is getting some great development lately.

13. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Kinda like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I don't think too hard on this subject at all.

15. Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker More then meets the lie

"A man never lies as much as after a hunt, during a war, and before an election."
    -- Otto von Bismarck

More then meets the eye :) 

Disclaimer: I'm not an American. I really enjoy reading political, history, war, social studies. I’ve been hooked on TF since 1984.

I totally disagree with those who deem OmegaDeads claim as far fetched and maintain TFA –Mission acclompished is nothing more than a cartoon. Furthermore, I think this particular assessment is rather ironic, considering the main theme the past tree shows is the deliberate suppression, denial, and ‘spinning’ of information.

This episode cements my earlier convictions about the Autobot Cybertronian society of being a Plutocracy in disguise. It uses propaganda, it favors jocks, is overtly corrupt, xenophobic, it’s very much a class society led by a ‘warriors-class’ whom control ‘the allspark’(energy/life-force/weapon), ‘the spacebridge’(the roads), and ‘subspace communication’(communication).

Season 2 introduced the Autobot Elite Guard, which by all means could be considered the Autobot Ceremonial Guard. They evidently have beautiful elaborate logos, fancy costumes and a noble aura. But this ep proves all of them as fakes, weak, and incompetent in the face of a real threat. UM, SP and even Jazz couldn’t deal with it and will probably never be able to. OP totally pawned them, as HM would say.

People have been wondering why UM favors SP’s blatant lies and incompetence over OP’s ability, initiative and bold leadership. It’s because Autobot Command is too caught up in her own spin of lies to be able to discern victory from defeat, truth from lies, threat from tranquility. UM is, by all means, no grand old leader, he is a grand old fool. He knows he didn’t finish the job during the great war, yet he sold it as such. UM likes having SP around, because he unconditionally believes (for his own benefit) in Autobot propaganda. OP is just too critical and maybe a bit too successful for both UM and SP.

UM and Autobot Command are simply unwilling to face the truth!!!! They are mainly concerned with public opinion , that’s why they dismiss rumors of Megatrons resurgence and would rather wage war at the rim of the galaxy against unimportant Decepticons. Megatron was dead, defeated, OFF-LINE!!! Fighting Megatron would force Cyberton Command to take action, but without the ALLSPARK, Autobot morale would be broken and defeat almost certain.

This makes one wonder why the Autobots tried to hide the Allspark in the first place. Surely everyone has at least one use for a dues ex machina? I won’t get into this topic right now, as for the moment I am satisfied with establishing TFA as a children’s cartoon which is driven by overt political motives.

This transformer episode is so blatantly political, it’s by far my most favorite episode up to date, easily trumping my favorite BW, G1 eps. Cleary the ones whom disagree, either can’t deal with it or are too addicted to misinformation.

All Hail Megatron!!!

16. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Starscream for President.