Missing the City Bots

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Neo Tallgeese, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Neo Tallgeese

Neo Tallgeese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although they're more like bases or castles, I've always liked the "city bots".

Omega Supreme
    Metroplex
    Trypticon
    Fortress Maximus
    Scorponok

Outside of Fortress Maximus, I never saw anything that totally amazing about the toys, and as far as the G1 American cartoon goes Omega Supreme is the only one to have a real major part (although I do understand that Fort Max and Scorponok had major screen time in Headmasters).
    So what is it about them that holds such facination for me...it's got to be their utter uniqueness. I mean size alone helps them stand out, but the fact that they turn into Transformers that others can operate inside of is really cool. And although I didn't pick up all of their toys from back in the day, I still think its cool to have a play base that is in itself a transformer. (Imagine them all Fort Max size).

Am I alone or are there others who would like to see citybots re-introduced in the Transformers shows and toylines (I think Optimus Maximus is an honest effort to try to move in that direction. Honorable mention to Unicron from Armada and Primus from Cybertron. They're pretty good to, but their planet modes don't have as much in the way of play value as the bases do.)

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I think city bots would be more popular if they actually turned into something. I think that's why Fort max is popular, because he looks like a collection of buildings instead of a laid-out robot or track/rocket/tank/thing or whatever Omega Supreme is supposed to be.

Though first we'd need a series that gives us a finite base design that a toy can be made out of. I love one, to be honest. Though I guess reissue Fort Max is just going to have to do.

3. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    no your not alone. to this day i still use Armada Primes trailer base a mobile base if i need to have some osrt of mobile station. i typically use it with overload to i dont have to suffer A: OP.

at first your post seems to be they arent so great but then you like them so its hard to respond.

4. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    he should be an aircraft carrier. or something of the sort. since those things are self contained cities in a sense.

5. Neo Tallgeese

Neo Tallgeese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just saw somewhere that a new G1 inspired Omega Supreme is comming out.

6. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Tidal wave kind of does the carrier or space-carrier thing, though only with minicons....unless it's Dila's Tidal Wave with his gachapon harem.

7. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i was thinking more something borrowing from SDF-1 to be honest. tidalwave is sort of a quaduple changer. fort max is just triple.

or possibly the shield base from the avengers movie. that'd make a great fort max to me.