Missing Scenes? (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moonhawk, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed watching the film - there are several scenes that were in various trailers and TV spots that didnt appear in the final movie. These are the ones that I spotted:

1. In this TV spot (18 seconds in) the hacker kid says something like "the giant robot is really distracting" whilst trying to hook up the radio/computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcmywtsnxJI

2. There is a scene in this trailer (8 seconds in) where Starscream does a straffing run on the F22 whilst in robot mode. Whist he does fight hand to hand with several F22s in the movie - i'm sure the straffing run wasnt in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk8lkvKFwgw

3. When optimus transforms in the theatrical trailer - the original transforming sound is heard - but its not in the film. The sound only appears in a couple of transformations and is only really prominent in Blackouts first transformation.

Has anyone spotted any others?

2. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    In the Final Theatrical trailer, when Bee's being taken down by S7, Sam shouts "He's not gonna hurt you!"

The line is not in the Movie

3. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    You only have the last one right

4. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

They'll probably be added in for DVD release with the cut scenes.

5. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Item number 2 was definitely in the movie.

Another thing that didn't make the cut was this speech from the international trailer:
    "We're facing war against a technological civilization far superior to our own. Our enemy can take any shape, they could be anywhere."

6. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

Yer i was wondering about that too, but it must have been for the trailer. I dont know were it would have fit in, unless they cut an entire scene.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The speech was there (though shorter/altered), I remember Mrs. Lennox whatching it on T.V. as the Quatar base was mentioned and her Baby started crying.:(  (Baby's crying always make me sad)

And yeah, the first two on the OP list were deffinatly there.

Here's one: In the first Theatrical trailer, Proto-Prime has just crashed and one single tiny panel lifts up. In the movie, he full-blown transforming before the camera even stops on him.

8. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

I don’t think it would have fit because he only talks to a lot of people i.e conferences when they know nothing about there enemy so it didn’t fit. They figured that they could do it when there communications came down and was in the bunker.

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It deffinatly wasn't the same speech, actualy, I think it was soley on the Quatar base, I don't think he was actualy talking about the Transformers at that point.

Yeah, he wasn't talking about them, though the scene was there, just not the speech.

10. Xython

Xython Thanks for all the fish

News Credits:
    I haven't seen the movie yet due to Transportation probs..etc My question is, last night on Cartoon Network they aired a new promo that had Optimus Closing his Chest Cavity with his hands was that in the movie? There was a Blue sphere in the center as well [img=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4479/opchestsf5.th.jpg]

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That was when Prime was telling the Autobots about his plan to destroy the Allspark. It was in the movie.

12. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Yeap, it was the movie.

13. eegit

eegit Member

yeah that where his spark lives, he was explaining that he would have to merge the allspark with the spark in his chest to destroy it

14. SDL

SDL Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing Figs death, only him getting injured. In the first theatrical trailer you see Lennox holding Figs hand as he dies. But that wasn't in the movie.

15. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    The 2nd scene you mention where the Raptors are shooting at Starscream in robot mode is DEFINITELY NOT there.

For those that disagree, trust me.....its not there.

Sounds/Lines that weren't there as mentioned above:
    Original Transforming sound from Optimus Prime first transformation
    Keller - We are facing a technological civilization far superior than our own, our enemy can take any shape, they can be anywhere
    Sam - He's not gonna hurt you!
    Glen - that killer robot is really distracting!

And that scene where it appears that they're indoors and Lennox is holding the hand of a dying comrade calmly is also missing.

16. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

Shame about the Starscream strafing run - I thought that was one of the coolest shots in any of the trailers. Lets hope they do an extended DVD edition.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    of course they cut an entire scene, that's how movies are made, they shoot much much much more film than is needed and then pick which bits they want in the editing suite

18. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    ok that F22 Raptors scene shooting at Starscream in Robot mode is "kinda" there. I just saw it again and I think I saw it. It happened so fast but the thing that feels strange is that, I didn't think it was there because in the tv spot, it looks like he was being shot at from a further distance. But in the movie, it felt more close range. I guess it was because of the big screen

19. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

ok... ive seen the film 7 times now and all of the scenes are in there u just have 2 pay attention the only 2 not are the scene with secretary of defences speach the rest is there.. well it is in the film where watching in australia.. just thought id clarify that.

20. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

There are always scenes and bits of scenes (not to mention voiceovers) in trailers that don't make the final cut of the movie, since they put the trailers together long before the final editing. We're lucky the robots' designs didn't change noticeably between the trailers and the final release. If you look at early trailers for Pixar's Cars, the red "Lightning McQueen" racecar we see crossing the finish line at the very beginning of the trailer is a totally different car than in all the rest of the trailer or the movie.

Some bits we see in the trailers are from scenes that are in the movie, but cut a little shorter. For example, when Glen yells "That killer robot is really distracting!"--that's from the scene where they're in the archival room at the dam, trying to get the radio/old computer working, and Frenzy is attacking them. Can't tell where in the action that line would have been (if Frenzy is still outside the door or had gotten in through the ducts), but it was somewhere around there. It's just that that particular line was cut from the final release. Same with Sam yelling "He's not gonna hurt you!" about Bumblebee.

I hope some of these will make it back into the DVD in extended scenes, like what they did for Lord of the Rings.