Missing Scene!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Westerly, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Westerly

Westerly Banned

Remember shia was talking on Jimmy Kimmel about how there was this scene where michael and him kinda got into an argument about which song to pick? and shia explaned, "in the scene my friend just died... and we had to pick a song because i get emotional in the scene" or something like that... There were also rumors that michael walked off set because of it, which he later addressed. However, shia said did in fact say they got into a little argument about what song to pick for the scenes. So, maybe they did recognize Ironhide's death in a deleted scene? cause shia said in the scene he was sitting there and thinking about the loss of his friend which happened right in front of him? does anyone know what im talking about?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe he meant the scene after Wang drops.

3. Westerly

Westerly Banned

nope because he said it was filmed at a museum, and he said we was upset about it, and their was a song choice?

4. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    If that's the case then an emotional song after Wang's death would be inappropriate.

Funny music of any kind would be much better suited.

5. Westerly

Westerly Banned

yeah than otherwise, what Bruce thought about Sam and Wang must have been true.... D: not good...anyway he said he WATCHED his FRIEND die right in front of him.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    He told the story better on Letterman. When he described the scene, he kept saying it was "under a rocket", so he must have either meant the Autobots departure or when he's sitting there reacting to watching his "friends" blow up in the shuttle explosion. I think it was the latter. He said Bay was blaring The Dark Knight score (by Hans Zimmer) to set the mood, but he wanted whatever song it was that better scratched his emotional itch. Him & Bay argued about it, Bay told someone else to film the scene and he walked away with a bunch of NASA buddies who he was showing off to. In the end, Shia got his way with the song he wanted. He also clarified that Bay didn't have a tantrum and storm off - they just argued "like brothers do" and Bay more or less just left rolling his eyes. I still have the interview PVR'd in fact.

So long story short: I don't believe there's a missing scene at all and we all saw exactly what he was talking about.

7. Westerly

Westerly Banned

thanks for clearing that up :)  i didnt see letterman. :/ sorry guys

8. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    video please?

9. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it was the scene where Soundwave had a gun to Bumblebees head and Shia had to cry and he shed a tear in that scene

10. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably why shia doesnt want to come back for TF4. Its clear the guy wanted more creative freedom and he just didnt get that.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    When Shia directs a string of blockbusters, then he can pick the fucking music.

12. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, it was the scene when the Autobots left. He said it was filmed in Florida and said nothing about a friend dying.

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    HAHAHA good call.

14. SavageThunder

SavageThunder Stalking the Shadows...

off subject! love the person's avatar above me!

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its not about creativity as a director you need to do whatever you need to do to get the actor in the emotional place he or she needs to be in and if that means changing the music for them then thats it.

16. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Since when do actors get to pick songs?

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This/these. Or one of them.

If that's the "creative freedom" that Shia wants for his roles (which probably isn't the sole freedom he wants), he's gonna' be in for a sad career.

This. I mean, yes, as the lead actor Shia has some say in what goes on with his character/role (some, not a lot). But when it comes to "creative control" and "creative freedom", the director trumps any actor out there. It's their movie, not the actor's. If Shia wants song X and Bay wants song Y, Bay's got more say and in the end, his word on the matter goes.

This...to an extent. As I said above, the director's (for the most part) has the final say. The director can't be catering to every request from every actor if they say that it'll "get them in the mood". Now, a request from the main male lead? Sure, that's probably why Bay considered it.

18. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    actually all the time, because they do what they need to do to get into the emoption of a particular scene. Shia's not going to cry if he isn't feeling it and if a different song gets him into that mood then that is what an actor does. Sometimes an actor thinks of something sad, does the director chose what the actor is allowed to think about in order to get into that particular emotion? No, the actor does. I've done plays both as an actor and a director and it's always been up to the actor to choose or do what they need to to get into the scene.

19. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    I think both of you have points. I think shia should get to pick the song because it's his acting that needs to be most realistic, and only he knows what will do that for him at the end of the day. (Even a choice in music for a particular scene.) However, Michael is basically the boss of everything. What he says goes no matter what. However, I would assume Michael Bay wants his actors to act well, so I think he would allow Shia to do what he thinks is best. However, both of you are correct in ways. It's all a matter of agreement. Shia didn't do anything wrong, he just wanted to do the scene as well as possible. And michael had something else envisioned. It's all a matter of opinion.

20. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

You know the actual music is not playing there on the set, right? It's added later on during editing?